The first and one of only three bolt-action rifles chambered for the .218 Bee was the Winchester Model 43. View other listings from this seller. Can you assist me in determining the years with the serial numbers? I am not familiar with 43s but was told this is 100 percent factory and is a model 43 special which was only made one year. SKU: 3456634 Item Location. The latter is likely one of the strongest actions offered for this cartridge; one that would allow pursuing the Bees true potential. Both bullets shed velocity fast, and for this reason, 100 to 125 yards is about the maximum distance for consistently dropping mature groundhogs in their tracks. Subscriber Services. 46 Gr. Introduced in 1933 in .25-20 and .32-20, the Model 65 had a 22-inch barrel and was produced until 1947, with just over 5,700 rifles built. Ended: Dec 06, 2022 , 12:32PM. Anyone have an idea when in that range it was made? Not consenting or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions. Buy a WINCHESTER MODEL 43 IN 218 BEE CAL. Located at: MERCERSBURG SPORTSMEN'S. 12143 DICKEYS ROAD, MERCERSBURG, PA 17236 . Winchester introduced the Model 43 bolt-action in 1949 as a sort of Winchester Model 70 Junior, the first rifle produced by the company following World War II. When filled to the brim with water, the Winchester .218 Bee cases I have hold 14.2 grains, about 4.0 grains more than .22 Hornet cases also made by Winchester. Please confirm you want to mark all posts read, The 44 W.H.V. Just thought I'd share something different. Mike Goofy TFF Gunsmith aa1911 I have attached pictures of the two bolt types. Winchester Model 42 Pump Action 410, Winchester Model 1886 40-82 W.C.F., Smith and Wesson West Virginia State Police Pistols, Winchester Model 43 218 Bee, Ammunition, 120+ Lots for sale Kaufman Realty Website Join Our Mailing List contiguous 48 states, DC, and to all U.S. Military APO/FPO/DPO addresses. Joseph Von Benedikt shows his custom 500 and how well it shoots. Outdoor Limited. Mounted on a select walnut stock, sling swivels, and a checkered steel buttplate. In an article I wrote not long back, I mentioned that the Speer 40-grain Spirepoint has long been my favorite bullet for the .22 Hornet; the same applies when loading the .218 Bee for bolt-action and single-shot rifles. Inv#0522143. All items sold AS IS per terms of the auction. Sign up and get exclusive access to promotions, sales events, pre-order sales & more! Respective 100-yard energy ratings for the .218 Bee, .22 Hornet, and .25-20 were 520 ft-lbs., 445 ft-lbs., and 385 ft-lbs. Some depressions in the stock. The Winchester Model 43 "Special Rifle" version, used for testing here, includes a 24-inch round, proof-steel barrel measuring .56-inch at the muzzle, select walnut stock with checkered pistol grip and forend and steel butt plate. There are a handful of scattered light compression marks. This isn't your grandpa's muzzleloading system. Features include standard markings with a hooded ramp front sight, sporting rear sight, swept bolt handle, and top of receiver drilled and tapped for scope mounts. While my Bee has zero known history before I owned it, the M43 .22 Hornet has years of hunts and stories of those hunts attached to it. Serial number 19257A was manufactured in February 1950. A good choice for Winchester collectors or .218 Bee fans. The markings are clear. SERIAL NUMBER 20669A WANT TO PURCHASE CALL SHOP 716-941-3946, *****WAS $2450 Now $2000*******Up for sale is a beautiful Winchester 43 Deluxe in the desirable 22 Hornet. . The bullet is based on the ancient .25-20 Winchester case and was introduced by Winchester in 1938 as a follow-up to their .22 Hornet success. I have attached pictures showing the different contour of the two. Thanks for responding to my question (I had to at least ask). The good news is the .218 Bee case can be formed from Starline .32-20 Winchester brass, which is available as this is written. The Marlin Model 90 was the most unusual. Im going to assume standard as its not checkered..it has been drilled and tapped it came with bases when I bought it. Ask Seller a Question. New (Other) $16.00 Top Rated Plus Buy It Now tex-trap (6,902) 100% +$4.00 shipping Free returns Sponsored L.E. Winchester's .218 Bee factory load . Its a great shooter in any case. But the serial number is 6155A. Best .218 Bee Ammo Hsm Ammunition Hsm Ammo .218 Bee 35gr. That rifle is positively not factory original with that stock (as stated by your local gun store). The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes. About 10 years later, the .32-20 case was necked down and introduced as the .25-20 Winchester for the Model 1892 rifle. Winchester Model 43 The Model 43 was only in production from May 1948 through December 1953. One Cartridge, Not a Box! Fax: +1-866-534-3097 I would be interested in reading this article where can I find it, I have a model 43 .22 hornet with a high serial number I am also searching for a clip. The complete rifle sold for $117.50, and a barreled action was $97.50. Bert (just to the south of you in western Washington), Drew said Copyright 1995-2023 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Even though the .218 Bee holds a pinch or two more powder, the same propellants work equally well in both. It can also be used in lever actions when single-loaded directly into the chamber. Gun comes with Weaver sc, Very good, light wear, small nicks and scratches. Featured Gun Classifieds Winchester Rifles - Model 43, Winchester Model 43, 22 Hornet, DOM 1950, 99% Overtall, Bolt Action, Beautiful Deluxe Checkered Pistol Grip Stock, Adjustable Lyman Rear sight, 43 Hang Tag & manual, Sling Swivels and Hood, excell, Winchester model 43 in 218 bee. I had known they were coming for quite some time, and when Tony Aeschliman of Marlin asked me which of the three would be the best seller, I went with the Bee. 2023 Outdoor Sportsman Group. I have a Winchester Model 43 in .218 Bee and have found that it is a nice handling, accurate, rifle. Due to volatility and supply challenges, we reserve the right to cancel any backorders or orders. The .218 Bee was named for its bore diameter, it actually uses standard .224" bullets. The pre-drilled & tapped receivers did not occur until October 1950, in the 31780 serial number range. Adding a bit more history for Sako rifle fans, the 7x33mm Sako on a lengthened 9mm Luger case was developed specifically for use by Finnish seal hunters, and very few L46 rifles chambered for it left that country. The Ruger No. The Winchester Super-X Hollow Point .218 Winchester Bee 46-Grain Centerfire Rifle Ammunition is great for hunting predators and varmints, such as skunks, prairie dogs, coyotes and bobcats. Manufacturer: W.R.A., Older Winchester Repeating Arms Company My typo. The key is to find and hoard some brass. If you require a larger quantity, or have a special project need, please call us we will be able to assist you! Developed for the mail-order firm Sears, Roebuck and introduced in 1936, it began life as an over-under shotgun in 12 gauge. Sierra Blitz King 50-pack << 79.99 $ Quick View Best .218 Bee Ammo Hsm Ammunition Hsm Ammo .218 Bee 40gr. Price: $895.00. The Winchester Model 43 in 218 Bee in my Humble Opinion. Rimless (.323" bullet) Single Cartridges. Like many rifles in .22 Hornet, the majority of those in .218 Bee have barrels with a rifling twist rate of 1:16 inches. Cookies are disabled. IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Magazines canroutinely be found on eBay, or at most large gun shows. Most of those in .25-20 and .32-20 were exported to Australia. A World Record Attempt and everyone is out at the range shooting and practicing. Rimfire Ammo Shotshell Ammo . SKU: 693M Price: $ 50.00 Add to cart The Winchester trademark is used with the permission and to the credit of Olin Corporation/Winchester Division. I am not familiar with 43s but was told this is 100 percent factory and is a model 43 special which was only made one year. Winchester model 43 .218 Bee. The deep dark original bluei for sale by GBEAR1 on GunsAmerica.com the best online marketplace for buying and selling semi auto pistols, firearms, accessories, and collectibles : 920169734 In those days, it certainly was. Max is 1.345. More rifles in that chambering were sold, but none of them made the cash register ring often enough to remain in production for more than a few years. These centerfire bolt action rifles were produced between May 1948 through December 1953. 24; 48; All . My Model 43 22 Hornet loves the Remington 45-gr HP factory load the best, and shoots 1/2-inch groups @100 yards with it. Taurus has redesigned this sporting pistol for performance. The barrel of the T/C carbine I have has a 1:14 twist. ===== Hi Power Rifle Sights; Click Picture ===== SEE OUR BUTT PLATE PAGE . COLLECTIBLE AMMO, Current & Obsolete, All Countries. Previous. The .218 Bee had a 24-inch barrel and was billed as a better varmint cartridge than the .22 Hornet, which was introduced by Winchester in 1930. This scope rates in about Good overall Condition. 218 Bee Ammo | Best 218 Bee Ammunition - AmmoSeek.com 2021 . It is based on a necked-down and blown out .25-20 case with a 15 degree shoulder. For additional information, see the Global Shipping Program, Winchester 43 Magazine 218 Bee Used 3 round. The book of bolt action rifles indicates a belief that this action is barely capable of handling the hornet type cartriges [low pressure]. The .218 was originally released in the Winchester lever action Model 65. Last edited by PennDog; 01/28/17. Overall, this rifle rates in about Fine condition. When handloading for lever-action rifles, the Speer 46-grain FNSP and the Hornady 45-grain FNHP are equally effective on varmints ranging in size from ground squirrels to groundhogs. If yours are correct would you be interested in selling one? Advertised velocity for the .218 Bee was no brag. I like the caliber and its pretty little shooter. Zettlemoyer Auction Co. is not a retail store. Everything we sell is pre-owned and may contain defects, flaws, and use and handling marks. Thanks Bert. Upon receiving at my local gun store they said it is unlikely this is factory and unlike any 43 they had ever seen. As old-timers go, IMR 4227 and 2400 are as good today as they were back then, although some of the newer kids on the block, such as H110, W296, VihtaVuori N120, Accurate 1680, and Hodgdon LilGun, sometimes deliver higher velocities at similar chamber pressures. These rifles were produced until 1957, with about 63,000 sold. Once cookies are enabled please refresh the current page. Search Products Get In Touch 65 West Main Street Hancock MD 21750 We would like to hear from you. International Media Interoperability Framework. Looking to confirm this is in fact a custom stock or perhaps this is original. Shortly after production began, Winchester changed the bolt design to a swept (bent) bolt handle, but it had nothing to do with the receiver being pre-drilled & tapped for mounting a scope. The .218 Bee has always been available in modern rifles, so why Winchester backed off on the throttle remains a mystery. 24 inch barrel with Lyman rear peep sight and hooded fixed front sight. (1950) None of these are drilled. The glass could use some deep cleaning and polishing. Winchester continued to catalog them through 1957 to sell remaining stock on hand. Get 10% Off - Subscribe to Our Email List, Toll-Free: +1-800-504-5897 Collectible and Hard To Find Shooting Ammunition, The .218 Bee was introduced around 1938 by Winchester for the Model 65 lever-action rifle and. . The case is based on a necked down version of the 32/20 WCF or 25/20 WCF. Speer's 40-grain Spire SP required a long jump Serial #10719. See original listing. Chambers: Bolt action. Mac, I plan to keep them together with the rifle at the moment. The cartridge was originally chambered in the Winchester Model 65 lever-action rifles, which may have ultimately led to its lack of popularity. Softnose Spitzers as heavy as 45 grains from Speer, Hornady, and Sierra work fine because they are shorter. To correct this misstep, Winchester came out . Search Showing. In my spreadsheet, the SN for the 43 is 61555A. Or you can make it from 32-20 but it is a multi-step process and a lot of work, so try and find some and hoard it. Location: IPSWICH, QLD, 4305. My all-time favorite rifle in .218 Bee, and the only one capable of consistently shooting its preferred bullets inside a half-inch at 100 yards, is a Sako L46 (its shown in the introductory photo to this report). It is really easy to identify a factory drilled & tapped Model 43 from one that was not. I am in hunt for correct ,218 magazine. Introduced in 1944, it was also offered in .22 Hornet, .25-20 and .32-20. . If it is a bolt action rifle, it is probably a Winchester model 43. maybe a Sako L-46. Factory drilled for scope. BORE EXCELLENT ORIGINAL FACTORY FINISH OF WOOD AND METAL PARTS. Another Winchester 1894 rifle described as with factory engr, PHOTOS UPDATED Mod 94 in service with Texas Rangers 1960's, Missing Winchester 71 from Amoskeag auction, What are the differences between the Lyman 48T and 48F recei, Need a 98c peep sight for a model 65 rifle (.218 Bee). Functionality and completeness unknown. (240) 347-4883 Please note, our lead time to fill orders is 2-3 weeks. But do not loosen it up to much or it will not hold. Copyright 2023 All rights reserved. The bullets rapidly expand on impact and feature a hollow-point design with brass casings. Cartridge Saga, as used in the Winchester Mode. . Joseph Von Benedikt is with Rafe Nielsen of Browning to take a look at a new X-Bolt series rifle. On the pre-October 1950 production receivers, you will see that it has a 45-degree beveled face. Best .218 Bee Ammo, Rifle Ammo. Cost Range. The Model 43 is a well-made, 6-pound rifle that includes a three-round detachable box magazine, allowing the use of pointed bullets (though the confines of that magazine limits overall length). If ammo and case . Find your best price for 218 Bee Ammo | Cheap 218 Bee Ammunition - AmmoSeek.com Search Engine 2023. Joseph Von Benedikt is with Jorge Spat to learn all about it. Should neck diameter with bullet seated exceed 0.242 inch, its wall will have to be thinned by reaming or, preferably, by outside turning. Magazine is after-market, but works good. The tendency with smaller varmint rounds like the Bee is to push maximum, ammunition left in a hot sun or truck cab inviting a stuck case or locked bolt. Upon receiving at my local gun store they said it is unlikely this is factory and unlike any 43 they had ever seen. Stock Configuration & Condition:The stock is checkered walnut. Learn more here: http://bit.ly/1G7xXag. Compare .218 Bee Ammo prices from various ammo retailers. Your rifle should have a swept bolt. $54.99. The receiver and bolt were improved beginning in January 1950 to strengthen the action to help prevent head space issues. It was manufactured in September 1953. I have 3 Winchester model 43s. I can tell you when your Model 43 was manufactured if you provide the serial number. Thin-jacketed, cup-and-core bullets are the logical choice for varmint shooting with the Bee, with Hornet-label bullets generally recommended to assure rapid expansion and reliable stabilization from the 1:16 rifling twist. Im intrigued by this thread. (Ret.) Ventura Heritage 32-40 Winchester 180gr RNFP Ammo - 20 Rounds. Sights / Optics:The front sight is a beaded blade dovetailed into an elevated base and the rear sight is a leaf sight. The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Is it a standard or a Special rifle? The LOP measures 13 from the front of the trigger to the back of the steel buttplate. The .218 Bee is a smokeless powder update of the old .22WCF black powder cartridge, and as already mentioned, it's is based on the 32-20 family of cases. Gear Expert, It offers 30 percent more case capacity and a more than 100 feet per second (fps) improvement in velocity, despite lower established operating pressures. Scarce factory deluxe .218 Bee! Originally loaded with 20 grains of blackpowder, velocity was around 1,300 fps for its 100-grain lead bullet. Stock Dimensions: Arms, we have an ultra rare 1950 Winchester Model 43 chambered in the highly sought after .218 Bee. Classic bolt action varmint rifle in .218 Bee. Barrels: 24" Barrel. Please Note: other Boxes and Single Cartridges for Collectors available see below in related items. If your rifle has headspace issues, it may not be something that can be readily corrected. It remains my first choice for those cartridges. Todd, Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you. It had a 24-inch barrel, a detachable three-round magazine, and Winchesters speed-lock bolt with dual-opposed locking lugs. 6.5 Remington Mag; 6.5-284 Win; 6.5x50 Japanese; 6mm Creedmoor; 40-82 WCF; . The .218 Bee is basically a .32-20 Winchester case necked down to except .22-caliber projectiles. Free ground shipping on all US Online Orders over $100! Smooth action and weighted just right to be a range gun or field gun. The 218 Bee is a small game slayer used by thousands of hunters across North America. Please note: For safety reasons, OpticsPlanet is not able to accept returns of ammunition for any reason, and no refunds will be issued for any returned ammunition. I bought it for a few hundred bucks assuming it had been modified and therefore no collector value. This hinges on the fact that, again like the Hornet, the Bee is just flat-out fun to shoot, producing negligible recoil and tolerable muzzle report. I acquired a model 43 serial number 19257A. Just ordered the ammo so I haven't shot it yet. Model 770 Bolt Action. This rifle is chambered for the .218 Mashburn Bee which is based on the old 25/20 rifle cartridge, and for which cases can be made from common 32/20 cases. JavaScript is disabled. Up for sale is a Winchester model 43, 218 Bee. I have a model 43 in 22 Hornet which has been drilled and tapped for scope mounts. According to this thread, it could have come from the factory with scope mounting capability. .218 Bee by Winchester, older production using new brass cases with SUPER-X 218 Bee Head-Stamp and 45 grain JHP (jacket Soft Point) projectile. The jewel among bolt-action Bees, and one that will hold its own with the Model 70 in accuracy, is the dainty little Sako L46. If I switch to Winchester 45-gr SP ammo, my group immediately opens to nearly 2-inches @100 yards. Required fields are marked *. Unfortunately you were not told the truth. Serial number 19257A was manufactured in February 1950. The 218 Bee was introduced by Winchester in 1938 for the model 65 lever action and later for the model 43 bolt action rifle.. Standard factory sights. I can already tell you that it will have a swept (bent) bolt, and no bevel on the receiver frame ring. We do not charge credit cards until orders are ready to ship. The early production Model 43 rifles were made with a straight (90-degree) bolt handle. In 1939 a small-frame version in .410 was introduced, and with it came a combination gun with one barrel in .410 and the other in .22 LR, .22 Hornet, .218 Bee, or .30-30 Winchester. I'm not sure myself. Im going to assume standard as its not checkered..it has been drilled and tapped it came with bases when I bought it, I plan to do some shooting todayall I can find is 35 grain ammo I am in British Columbia Canada and the town I live in is very limited to what I can get.im not exactly sure what headspace issues are.i myself dont reload so it will.be factory ammo that I will shoot.how do i know if i have headspace issues and if i do have them how is it corrected, Also when I did a search on it.i found something about a slanted bolt handle.something about later models started coming with predrilled and tapped and a slanted bolt.slant of the bolt was towards the back off the rifle, Could this mean anything different.replaced an original bolt.maybe a warranty replacement later run maybe a last batch kinda thing with the upgrades that came out in 1950, Drew said When I return, Ill double check the bevel on the receiver ring and the shape of the bolt. Single Shell W-W Super Winchester .218 Bee Hollow Point - .218 Bee BuyItNow!-0 $2.00: Out-Of-Stock 15629603: Single Shell Winchester Super Speed .218 Bee Hollow Point - .218 Bee BuyItNow!-0 $2.00: In Stock 15337045: . The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
La Dodgers Corporate Sponsors, Kelso, Washington Obituaries, John Macarthur Study Bible Red Letter, Liverpool Hospital Antenatal Clinic Referral, Hindu Mantra For Peaceful Death, Articles W