From hampers in quirky prints to handy laundry sorters, you can find it all. We spent more than 50 hours researching and testing 22 laundry baskets, hampers, sorters, and backpacksin a variety of sizes and materials. However, when putting together this list, we did include hamper-like options that are as easy to carry as traditional baskets. Laundry baskets with handles are a great way to move your clothes around with ease, and a lid lets you convert one into a make-shift table. Home Logicis a leader in the laundry category. It has a large 1.8-bushel capacity. Its hard to think of a room that wouldnt benefit from some basket organization. Since the hamper is made with unventilated fabric, we wouldn't recommend it for storing damp items. The padded straps can be adjusted to make it comfortable for college students or city dwellers to walk long distances to a laundromat, with their hands free to grip stair railings or push a stroller. The Sterilite 1.25 Bushel Ultra HipHold Laundry Basket is curved on one side to make it easier for some people to prop the baskets weight on their hip. It also arrived with a strong chemical smell that lingered. It has a unique striped design that one member of our testing team likened to a Tim Burton-esque, Beetlejuice style. I didnt mind this in our testing, but we could see how some users may find the curved edge annoying for lining up neat, rectangular stacks of clothes that may not sit flush to the edge. #1 Home Improvement Retailer. It's a cute, colorful, vented plastic basket with handles, but we found it to be simply too small for laundry purposes in our testing. I particularly like this baskets cross-hold option for increased control over a heavy basket. This multi-purpose laundry basket-hamper combination helps make your laundry routine easier. Here at The Spruce, we want to ensure we fully stand behind every product we recommend and that when we say something is the best, we mean it. Made in the USA & is of No 5 PP Polypropylene rigid plastic so it is recyclable, same , Q: The large capacity laundry basket makes it easy to store more of your dirty clothes. Those using a laundromat or shared laundry room in a dorm or apartment building might opt for a hamper at home and a laundry backpack or a pop-up hamper to transport laundry and to transfer multiple loads between machines without dropping clean items on a dirty floor. The frame itself cannot be collapsed or folded, which we thought was counterintuitive to the x-frame design. Our journalists combine independent research with (occasionally) over-the-top testing so you can make quick and confident buying decisions. Choose from a single basket or a pack of two, depending on your household's needs. It also costs more than our pick and doesnt perform as well. Also like the extra capacity size. Product information Feedback Pop-up laundry hampers, folding hampers, laundry racks or bins the right laundry hamper or basket can seriously make your household chores a breeze. Free shipping. Stiff, scratchy laundry can be a sign youre using too much detergent. Her specialities include lifestyle, commerce, and culture topics, and she always has a novel in process, too. The curve makes it comfortable to prop the laundrys weight on your hipan arrangement that makes carrying a fully loaded basket (44 liters, or about 21 pounds for an extra-large load) up flights of stairs less of a chore. With all this in mind, below you'll find different options to make your next laundry day easier. Laundry expert Kyrstyn Brown of Zoom Express Laundry, a national chain headquartered in Dallas, Texas, has a strong preference for laundry baskets that are easy to clean. A taller person with longer arms would likely disagree. $11.99. Price at time of publish: $50 for a two-pack, Dimensions: 21 x 14 x 29 inches | Capacity: Not listed | Material: Plastic | Weight:Not listed | Color: 1 available l | Handles: 1 retractable handle, Metal frame and waterproof fabric construction. Product Overview. I liked how the well-padded straps are adjustable to create a snug fit for carrying laundry several city blocks to a laundromat if necessary. The large capacity laundry basket makes it easy to store more of your dirty clothes. SAMMART Collapsible Laundry Basket at Amazon, Sterilite Ultra HipHold Laundry Basket at Walmart, Better Homes & Gardens Laundry Deluxe Service Canvas Tote at Walmart, YAMAZAKI 2809 Laundry Basket with Wooden Handles at Amazon, CleverMade Collapsible Laundry Basket at Amazon, Sterilite Hamper With Wheels at The Container Store, HomeHacks 2-Pack Waterproof Freestanding Large Laundry Basket at Amazon, SAMMART Collapsible 3 Handled Plastic Laundry Basket 2 Pack, Better Homes & Gardens Laundry Deluxe Service Canvas Tote, Home Logic 2-Bushel Plastic Laundry Basket, YAMAZAKI 2809 Laundry Basket with Wooden Handles, CleverMade Collapsible Fabric Laundry Basket, HomeHacks 2-Pack Waterproof Freestanding Large Laundry Basket, The Best Laundry Odor Removers to Make Clothes Smell Fresh, The 10 Best Clothes Hampers of 2023, Tested and Reviewed, The 11 Best Reusable Grocery Bags of 2023, The 6 Best Laundry Detergents for Sensitive Skin of 2023, Tested and Reviewed by The Spruce, The 10 Best Laundry Detergents of 2023, Tested and Reviewed, The Best Trunk Organizers to Keep Your Car Clutter Under Control, The 16 Best Gift Baskets of 2023, Tested and Reviewed, The 8 Best Snow Shovels of 2023, Tested and Reviewed, The 7 Best Steam Irons of 2023, Tested and Reviewed, The 9 Best Carpet Cleaners of 2023, Tested and Reviewed, The 8 Best Dustbusters of 2023, Tested and Reviewed, The 8 Best Ice Scrapers of 2023, Tested and Reviewed, The 9 Best Laundry Detergents for Workout Clothes, The 7-Day Spruce Up: Your Ultimate Guide to Home Organizing, SAMMART Collapsible Plastic Laundry Basket, Medina Mercantile Oversized Palm Leaf & Leather Laundry Basket. 19.28-in W x 19.38-in D x 16.70-in H (48.97-cm W x 49.22-cm D x 48.23-cm H), about us | where to buy | contact us | FAQs/product help, Copyright 2022 by HMS Mfg. We tested 17 detergents and found that Tide Ultra Stain Release was the best at removing a wide variety of stains. Be it bushel, handwoven, plastic or canvas, Targets got it all. If you need a hands-free way to carry your laundry, get the Azhido Laundry Backpack Bag. This was our guest testers favorite model. The design is right on, the ease of use is great, & it appears to be sturdy. Picture Information. Even when taken fresh out of the dryer, clothes can have trace amounts of moisture in them, and the holes provide ventilation to reduce any possible mold and mildew. Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them.Learn more how customers reviews work on Amazon. The Yamazaki Rolling Wire Basket Steel + Wood had wheels that were tricky to install and a fixed one-sided handle that made it difficult to lift, but we think its a good option if you plan on keeping it near the washing machine, since it can easily roll around. Laundry baskets have holes in them to promote better airflow to your clothes. Danna Lorch is a freelance writer with a decade of experience covering the visual arts, design, architecture, the trades, and parenting. Pop and Fold Laundry Bag White - Room Essentials . However, as long as it's not coming in contact with heavily soiled laundry all that often, we think it makes a great addition to your laundry routine. When filled to the brim, this 71-liter basket felt too wide and heavy for me to easily carry down stairs while maintaining my balance, though it might be fine for those with longer arms. It's fine, though, because I'm an empty-nester and I don't need an enormous laundry basket. If youre going to buy a laundry basket (or hamper) it should make you feel organized and work for its intended purpose every time you transport a pile of dirty clothes to the washing machine. Scotch Lint Roller - 70 Sheets. Using the small wrench provided, I was able to assemble this sorters chrome-finished steel base within 15 minutes, and it was extremely stable (it sits on four caster wheels, two of which lock). Sorry, we were unable to perform your search at this time. In testing, one of our favorite things about this basket was that the built-in handles feel secure so that you can carry large and heavy loads without fear of it breaking. If youre looking to forego the bells and whistles of fancier laundry baskets, this simple, smart design is an excellent option for you. 1.5 Bushel Rectangular Laundry Basket Gray - Room Essentials. The Rubbermaid StackN Sort laundry basket is a rectangular design, and like the Sterilite White Stackable Basket, it can be stacked. When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. Whether its finding great products or discovering helpful advice, well help you get it right (the first time). We used 30 laundry baskets in real-world situations, carrying real loads of laundry to and from various rooms in and around our homes. The best place to store your laundry baskets is nearest to your washer and dryer set. If you're not drawn to the utilitarian look, you might not be inclined to store it in the open. If youre short on space and find yourself in need of more, consider collapsible laundry baskets as a viable option. The BirdRock Home Double Laundry Hamper with Lid and Cloth Liner is a great addition to any bedroom, laundry room or bathroom. With that in mind, the laundry tote isn't ideal for damp or heavily soiled laundry. Reviewed in the United States on November 10, 2022. 1. Reviewed in the United States on February 28, 2023. Dimensions: 23 x 15 x 13.25 inches| Capacity: 64 liters | Material: Polyester, alloy steel, linen | Weight:2 pounds | Color: 2 available | Handles: 2, Wheels and retractable handle make it easy to move. I lined the models up next to my laundry closet and systematically tested each basket or hamper for five loads of laundry. Home Logic 1.5-bushel Plastic Laundry Basket Model # 2253-0 Find My Store for pricing and availability 396 Home Logic 2-bushel Plastic Laundry Basket Model # 2138HML-000-083 Find My Store for pricing and availability 396 Sterilite Corporation 1.25-Bushel Plastic Laundry Basket Model # 178120 Find My Store for pricing and availability 69 She has written for The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Atlantic, Architectural Digest, and many other publications. The external front pocket can carry a 50-fluid-ounce detergent bottle, dryer sheets, and a bag of quarters. The three ample laundry bags are made from a reinforced polyester-cotton blend that washed well in our tests (we washed them three times). Gray Lamper (2-Pack) Model# HMLCOM-2138645083-2 $ 47 36 /case. Even better, it offers both form and functionwe filled it with two large loads, and it still felt easier to carry than certain basket styles. $17 from The Container Store. This is surprisingly durable for the price. But not all baskets and hampers are built equally or to last. Brand: Home Logic 3,130 ratings Customer ratings by feature Easy to use 4.3 Light weight 4.2 Value for money 4.0 Maneuverability 3.8 See all reviews Similar item to consider Home Logic 2.0bu 2pk Lamper Laundry Baskets White. Hip hold or Hip hugger baskets, I learned from reading many reviews, are divisive among users. This basket is roomy yet collapsible, is durable yet easy to clean, and features a clever third handle for easy carrying against your hip. Top Rated Home Logic Laundry Basket On The Market. It also does not breathe well due to the design. We tested the 75-liter size, but there's a 100-liter version if you want to size up. Each bag holds roughly a large load (we estimate about 11 pounds), bringing the capacity of the entire sorter to about 30 pounds, but the manufacturer notes the total weight limit as being 70 pounds, making this sorter feel extra sturdy. $5.29 - $12.39. This oversized laundry tote is so adorable you won't mind passersby knowing youre on your way to the laundromat. This plastic basket reliably carries a large load of laundry, lasts for years, has superb ventilation, and easily wipes clean. Description. I particularly love the comfortable built-in handles on the sides of the hamper, which makes it portable enough to be carried directly to the laundry machine. We also considered how attractive a model looked if left out in the open of a bedroom or bathroom while filled with dirty laundry. Learn more how customers reviews work on Amazon. Its a great value for the money, and made in the USA! This affordable, reliable plastic curved basket holds more than a large load of laundry, cleans like a dream, and is a favorite among those who prefer a curved hip hold model. Ive been writing about residential design and interiors for more than a decade. The rounded handles make the basket comfortable to carry. IRIS 3pk Bushel Compact Laundry Baskets. The Household Essentials Hanging Cotton Canvas Laundry Hamper Bag is sturdy and can hang out of the way, but it holds very little and doesnt breathe particularly well. The Honey-Can-Do Laundry Sorter comes with three hamper bags that you can easily take on and off for when you need to transport laundry without bringing the whole cart. The Honey-Can-Do Heavy-Duty Triple Laundry Sorter is the low-maintenance way I now manage the mess. The handles do eventually break, though, so I have to replace like once a year. Project Guide. This polyester backpack carries an immense 115 liters of laundry, making it ideal for a college student or anyone who needs to do laundry less often and wants to fit up to two extra-large loads of clothes (about 42 pounds). Weve been a nightmare family with laundry baskets- few survive the wrath of our abundant laundry! Two of the casters also lock in place for when you need it to stay put. Honey-Can-Do Heavy-Duty Triple Laundry Sorter, Sterilite 1.25 Bushel Ultra HipHold Laundry Basket, A curved basket for lovers of hip hugger style, Honey-Can-Do SRT-01235 Heavy-Duty Triple Laundry Sorter, Yamazaki Tosca Steel Wire Laundry Basket in Large, A classic workhorse: Sterilite Stacking Laundry Basket, A curved basket: Sterilite 1.25 Bushel Ultra HipHold Laundry Basket, Our hamper pick: Mind Reader 50 Liter Laundry Hamper, A laundry sorter built to last: Honey-Can-Do SRT-01235 Heavy-Duty Triple Laundry Sorter, An attractive option for smaller loads: Yamazaki Tosca Steel Wire Laundry Basket in Large, The best laundry backpack: Azhido Laundry Backpack Bag, Seville Classics Water Hyacinth Lidded Oval Double Laundry Hamper, The Sterilite 2-Bushel (71 L) Ultra Laundry Basket, Sterilite 1.5 Bushel Ultra Square Laundry Basket, Yamazaki Rolling Wire Basket Steel + Wood, Organize It All Neu Home Foldable Freestanding Laundry Basket, West Elm Woven Seagrass Baskets Collection, Container Store Grey Montauk Round Hamper, Household Essentials Hanging Cotton Canvas Laundry Hamper Bag, Smart Design Deluxe Mesh Pop Up Laundry Hamper (previously known as DAZZ Deluxe), The Ultimate Washing Machine Capacity and Load Size Guide, Remodeling Tips For A Safe, Convenient Laundry Room, How a Laundry Sorter Gave Me My Weekends Back. Making it the perfect size for any home, apartment, or dorm room. The Azhido backpack has adjustable straps to be worn like a backpack, but it also comes with a sturdy loop handle for hanging it or moving it around. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission. While IKEA touts the basket as flexible, we found that the handles didn't quite come all the way together for a comfortable hold. There are some cut-outs for ventilation, but most of the basket is made with sturdy plastic that you can easily wipe down when necessary. If you have more room, or a dedicated space for laundry, and want to pre-sort your items, the Honey-Can-Do SRT-01235 Heavy-Duty Triple Laundry Sorter is the pick for you. I evaluated if they could be fully cleaned by wiping them down with a wet cloth or in the case of the fabric models, how they held up in the laundry machine. After countless hours spent using washers and dryers, we have seven tips to improve your laundry life. Product Details Return Policy Delivery Info Good to Know It has a classic laundry basket shape when it's expanded, but we found that the fabric material really makes it feel like a step up from other styles, so you might even choose to leave it out as a hamper like we were tempted to do. This basket comes in a practical set of two, which should come in handy for sorting different items. This rectangular basket has a subtle curve on two sides for resting against your stomach as you carry it in front of your body. This laundry basket rests comfortably on your hip for convenient, one handed carrying. During that time, Ive done laundry in a variety of setups, including tiny studio apartments with shared basement laundry facilities, a coin-operated laundromat in a long-term residence hotel, and most recently in a single-family home in Massachusetts with a cramped and outdated laundry closet. The open wire-frame is easy to wipe down and keep clean, and we like that there are no nooks or crannies where mold or dirt can hide. The extra handle means that you can carry it across the front of your body with both hands, or turn it and use the third handle to carry it against your hip. $4.99 - $7.99. The sturdy metal frame on wheels holds three removable polyester-cotton cloth laundry bags on metal rods, and they can be lifted out with ease for loading the contents straight into a washer. What this variation lacks in space, however, it makes up for in convenienceit's one of the few baskets we used that's small enough to tuck into a closet or on a shelf between uses. Unlike our plastic picks, it doesnt have a solid bottom, so it wouldnt be ideal for toting dripping-wet laundry. Whether youre a freshman in college handling your own laundry for the first time, a city dweller in a walkup apartment with a coin-operated basement laundry room, or a family of four in the suburbs with a dedicated laundry room of your own, youre going to need a basket or hamper (and maybe even several of them) to get it done. In my own testing, over the course of two months, I toted around canned goods, a tiny child, library books, and other 40-pound loads, all without the basket cracking or buckling. Even though the curved rim on this basket is subtle, some people may not like that its not symmetrical and rectangular like the Sterilite White Stackable Laundry Basket. Learn more. (Athletes and outdoor enthusiasts, we're talking to you!) The Yamazaki Tosca Steel Wire Laundry Basket in Large is a simple and plastic-free option if you dont need a huge basket, or you do smaller loads more regularly. It can carry 1.5 bushels/53 liters, which is well over an extra-large (around 21 pounds) load of laundry, has excellent ventilation, and cleans up as good as new when wiped down with a wet cloth. For example, a larger household might want an individual basket for each person so that kids, grownups, or roommates can easily carry their own laundry to the washing machine and then bring a clean, folded pile back to their rooms. As a mom, I run an average of 11 loads of laundry per weekand lots of them are invariably muddy, sticky, or germy. Price at time of publish: $20 for a 2-pack, Dimensions: 15.7 x 11.8 x 24.4 inches | Capacity: 75 liters | Material: Cotton, PEVA coating (vinyl), metal | Weight:1.54 pounds | Color: 1 available | Handles: 2. I also visited dedicated review sites like The Strategist and The Spruce, as well as design-focused buying guides on Clever and Martha Stewart to compare their top picks to my own ultimate recommendations. Co. is certified as a womens business enterprise by the Womens Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) | California Consumer Privacy Act | Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information or Limit Use - CA Residents Only, California Transparency in Supply Chains Act, is certified as a womens business enterprise by the Womens Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) |, | Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information or Limit Use - CA Residents Only. However, you'll want to let damp items dry before tossing them in a fabric bag since they're usually not well-ventilated. If youre not planning on filling it to the brim, we think this versatile model could work well for some people.