"And I worry about that.". While they ideally wanted to become pregnant on their own and have Lunden give birth naturally to their children, it became clear to them that having a surrogate mother was the best way to go for them. The couple has surely dated each other for some years but they are yet to share the information regarding their love life. He is known as the husband of Joan Lunden. In addition, she has more than 15.2K followers on Instagram. Joan Lunden was born in Fair Oaks, California on September 19, 1950. One of Jamie's sisters, Lindsay, said about meeting the baby for the first time: "We were getting text updates all night long, waiting for baby boy Hess to come, and finally at around 4:30 a.m., it was time. Who is the Current Spouse of Betty White? The 63-year-old Lunden is now a health and wellness advocate. "He's the person who got me into sports, the passion for and the love of sports. Yes, Joan Lunden is still married to her husband, Jeff Konigsberg. She won the Gracie Allen Awards in 2011 for Taking Care with Joan Lunden. "I mean it's basically like, 'my oven's broken, may I use your oven?' Before getting married the couple was in a relationship for a long period of time. 78 Jeff Konigsberg Joan Lunden Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images EDITORIAL All Sports Entertainment News Archival Browse 78 jeff konigsberg joan lunden stock photos and images available, or start a new search to explore more stock photos and images. Additionally, she is currently a special correspondent for NBCs Today. "I would come in with this little baby in my arms and put her down in the crib, get my hair done and my makeup done and be reading my script," she says. Joan Lunden on October 30, 2014 on the "Today" show | Source: Getty Images. She is the daughter of Gladyce Lorraine Blunden(mother) and Dr. Erle Murray Blunden(father), a physician. He called Joan Rendon's husband. She weighs 56 kg. "It turned out to be [network executives] were just taking a risk," Lunden says. Just eight weeks out from the birth of her first child already expecting when she got the job offer, luckily protected by the new Pregnancy Discrimination Act she had told ABC, "'Well, I'm going to be breastfeeding,'" she recalls, telling Yahoo Life, "This was a time, by the way, that you couldn't say 'breastfeeding' on television.". As for the couples other four children, Lunden and Konigsberg gave birth totwo sets of twins,Kate and Max, in 2003 andKimberly Elise andJack Andrewin 2005. In 2023, he is 62 years old. She was previously married to Michael Krauss. Select an account to sign in or manage a saved account on this device. View more / View less Facts of Jeff Konigsberg, Wayne Shorter Wife: Carolina Dos Santos, Bio, Husband, Was Gwendlyn Brown Engaged? Furthermore, she had quite a rough early life after the loss of her father, in a plane crash when she was only 13 years old. Their marriage, however, ended in divorce in 1992. The former NBC star said this feeling intensified after she was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2014. Joan and Jeff had four children together. Jeff Konigsberg completed his higher-level education at Blind Brook High School. At first, she tied the wedding knot to Michael A. Krauss in the year 1978. Affair, Boyfriend, Husband, and Children. In comparison, there are two pairs of twins born to a surrogate mother. Jeff Konigsberg is a family member. Showing Editorial results for jeff konigsberg joan lunden. They are named Jamie, Lindsay, and Sarah. Then again in 2005, their other set of twins were born through the same surrogate mother. . Sarah Krauss is the youngest of Lundens daughters from her first marriage and was born in 1987. Age, Height, and Weight Being born on 19 September 1950, Joan Lunden is 72 years old as of today's date 1st February 2023. "You know? Married: Spouse: Jeff Konigsberg (m. 2000), Michael A. Krauss (m. 19781992) Daughter and Son: Yes (Jamie Krauss, Max Aaron Konigsberg . Joan was diagnosed with triple-negative breast cancer in June 2014. He had this great smile, Lunden recalls, and I said, Why cant I meet a nice man like that? Konigsberg, ten years younger than Lunden, must have had the same thought because he approached her table to chat. Joan Lunden returned to this morning to reveal she has been diagnosed with breast cancer. Caption: Jeff Konigsberg with his wife (Photo Closerweakly). Due to her performance, she was quickly promoted and started serving as a weather reporter and anchor for the station. He never forced anything upon me. Joan also has three daughters from her previous marriage with Michael A. Krauss. Do they want to say, Im glad I did that for you and never see you again?. She is an actress and writer, known for Thank You for Smoking (2005), Conspiracy Theory (1997) and What About Bob? Who is (Gerald Dempsey Buster Posey III ) Buster Posey Wife? Joan Lunden, his wife, is worth $25 million. Every love story has a unique beginning and Joan Lundens story of how she met her second husband, Michael Konigsberg, is no different. Next, she shared her medical condition with fans on her website. Talking about her body measurement, Joan has a height of 5 feet 4 inches. I remarried at 49 and had the kids. Bio, Age, Wife, Is Jalen Carter in Jail? Lunden was the co-host of ABCs Good Morning America from 1980 to 1997 and has authored eight books. He is a Christian by religion. 64-year-old Joan Lunden graces the cover of People Magazine, she looks different, but beautiful. Joan Lunden is an American journalist who is best known for her courageous reporting. Their relationship blossomed quickly, and just a few months later, the journalist found herself already thinking about having children with Konigsberg and discovered, at age 50, that she was still able to become pregnant. 72 years old: Heights: 1.62 m: Height(s) Feet: 5 feet and 3 inches . Joan became a mom for the first time when she welcomed her eldest daughter, Jamie, alongside then-husband Michael A. Krauss in 1980. Now, shes shaved hr head nd i posing with th m bright eyes nd wide smile, but withut hr signature blonde locks. Even though Joan is so grateful to the surrogate mother, she once revealed she was actually reluctant to move on to surrogacy because she wanted to give Jeff the full journey of a pregnancy. By profession, his wife is an American journalist, an author, and a television host. The nl thing thats worse thn a bald head i a pink bald head, explained Emily Strohm, writer fr People. In addition, she was also a visiting instructor at Montclair State College in New Jersey, where she taught a course in broadcast journalism. Jeff Konigsberg is a family member. Wayne Shorter Wife: Carolina Dos Santos, Bio, Husband, Was Gwendlyn Brown Engaged? Apart from this, he has never been a part of any rumors and controversies as well. Do they just want a card once a year? However, it was a plausible possibility because more than one embryo got implanted in the surrogate mother's womb. Jeff is a married man. In 2000, Joan married Camp Takajo's owner Jeff Konigsberg, who is ten years younger than her. She and husband Jeff Konigsberg, who owns two summer camps for children in Maine, had a house in Palm Beach. Please fill in your e-mail so we can share with you our top stories! Joan Lunden is a married woman, she exchanged a vow with Jeff Konigsberg on April 18, 2000, at an intimate ceremony in the presence of their closed ones and family members. She is living a blissful married life with husband Jeff Konigsberg and the couple has four children together. On September 9, 2015, only two years after walking down the aisle, the couple welcomed a son named Mason Levi. Jeff Konigsberg is recognized as Joan Lundens husband. Joan Lunden is 68 years old. HOW OLD IS JOAN LUNDEN? Scroll through the gallery below to learn more about Joans kids! 2. Now let us tell you a couple of interesting facts about Jeff Konigsberg.. 53-year-old Jeff Konigsberg was born in Maine. to Jeff Konigsberg, an owner-director of children's summer camps, stuck and is a testament to women not giving in to societal rules about . author spending quality time with her little ones. Some of them include Graves, Thank You for Smoking, Home Improvement, Conspiracy Theory, What About Bob? and others. Joan has blonde colored hair while her eyes are dark brown in color. She lost her mother in the year 2013. Since the wedding, they are having a great time together as there is no sign of divorce or extra-marital affairs to date. As the New York Times reported, the couple tied the knot in 2013, two years after hearing about each other through a mutual friend. Copyright 2023 Endgame360 Inc. All Rights Reserved. He completed his higher-level education at Blind Brook High School. Bolig says this is her "calling." She has written eight books . Jeff founded Camp Takajo & Tripp Lake Camp in 1988, Jeff Konigsberg: GMA Joan Lundens Husband, Pam Baker Cocker: Singer Joe Cockers Wife, Melinda Trucks Allman Brothers Butch Trucks Wife, Armstead Edwards: Patti LaBelles Ex- Husband, Kathryn Knott: Philly Gay Bashing Suspect, Jana Levasseur: Big Brother winner Derrick Levasseurs Wife, Vivienne Westwood Husband Andreas Kronthaler, Francesca Hetfield Metallicas James Hetfields Wife. ", Each time the twins were born, in fact, her three teenage daughters and the surrogate's teenage daughters hung out together at the hospital. Similarly, her Facebook page has more than 71.2K followers and 5.4k subscribers on the Youtube channel. That's when Lunden would become yet another sort of role-model mom by helping to lessen the stigma of both older motherhood and the practice of surrogacy. This is about building a family.' She has been married to Jeff Konigsberg since April 18, 2000. Joan and Jeff are now together for more than a decade now. Her first husband was TV producer Michael Arthur Krauss. She is from United States. They have little blond peach fuzz there, little blond eyelashes. At that point, she was married to TV producer Michael Arthur Krauss and was expecting her first child, Jamie. Talking to Cancer Connect, she said: "You wake up with a headache and you wonder, 'Do I have brain cancer?' Jeff is currently 61 years old. . Her hair is brown blonde, and her eyes are dark brown. By nationality, Joan is an American while she belongs to mixed ethnical backgrounds. 4. and they're changing their clothes," Lunden recalls. On social media, its pretty easy to catch a glimpse of the Why Did I Come into This Room? . Shes since appeared in 2019s Theresa & Allison, 2017s I, Witness and 2013s A Crime to Remember. She is the co-host of "Good Morning America". The couple married in 2002. There is no information related to his family and siblings. Lunden was the co-host of ABC 's Good Morning America from 1980 to 1997, and has authored eight books. Lunden announced hr breast cancer diagnosis back in June. In addition, she received the Spirit of Achievement Award from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Joan garnered the CableACE Awards nominations in 1987, 1985, and 1984 for Mothers Day. So, we looked into surrogacy," following Konigsberg's advice that they find a someone who is centered and mature "because when the press finds out that Joan Lunden is having babies by a surrogate at 49 years old," he warned, "this is not going to stay under the radar. "When we went to the first [high school] parent night for the older twins, who are now 19, my husband leaned over and whispered in my ear, 'Don't look now, but the guy sitting directly across from us was [my older daughter] Jamie's boyfriend in high school," attending as the father of a high school student. In fact, the biggest difference Lunden notices between raising her first three kids and her younger four, she says, is the "whole new world" around them. Unforuortunelty, their marriage did not last long and it came to an end through a divorce in the year 1992. Joan is currently married to Jeff Konigsberg. After that, the couple exchanged their marriage vows in the year 2000. Check out his Personal Life with Professional Career! She couldnt take her eyes off him, Jamies sister, Lindsay, told People in 2015 about her mother, who goes by the grandma handle of Jo Jo. She kept saying, My first baby has a baby! . Joan Lunden's age is 72 years old as of today's date 18th January 2023 having been born on 19 September 1950. Together, they share two sons, Mason and Asher. Joan Lunden was born on September 19, 1950 in Sacramento, California, USA. Currently, there are no rumors and controversies concerning her. Joan Lunden. How old is Jeff Konigsberg? Additionally, her hair color is blonde and her eye color is dark brown. He is mostly recognized as Joan Lunden"s husband. The couples are married for two decades already from the year 2000. At the time of her granddaughters birth, Lunden had been battling an aggressive form of breast cancer, and the new addition to the family was just the medicine she needed. Every year, Joan celebrates her birthday on 19th September. 1,180 Joan Lunden Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images All News Archival Browse 1,180 joan lunden stock photos and images available, or start a new search to explore more stock photos and images. "You decide up front how much contact you want to have after the child is born," Lunden explains of the surrogate-intended parent relationship. Four years after her divorce from her husband, Lunden was sitting in a deli, when she saw Konigsberg, owner and director of Camp Takajo in Naples, Maine and Tripp Lake Camp in Poland, Maine, from across the room. She does not have any siblings. His wife Joan Lunden has a net worth of $25million.The main source of her income is her as a television host, author, and journalist. Jamie pointed out that most people would tell them to go on date nights to keep the romance alive, but they eventually realized that it didn't help. Joan Lunden: Twins Again! The truth was different as they tried for five years to no avail. Jeff Konigsberg is the founder of a camp where he makes a good living. Lunden co-hosted "Good Morning America" from 1980 . Former Good Morning America anchor, Joan Lunden, has been away from the morning show spotlight now since 1997, leaving the show to spend more time with her family and to focus on other projects. You want to know what your options are.. Many of her followers are as much interested in her personal life as her professional career. Joan Lunden is married to Jeff Konigsberg. She has more than 19.9K followers on Twitter. She has appeared on the Biography program and Biography Channel. "They're in their room. She made her 25 million dollar fortune with Good Morning America, ABC News, NBC Today show. Krauss had been Lunden's producer on her. Joan enjoys grabbing dinner with her daughters, cheering her sons on at sports games and celebrating milestones with her whole brood. She was previously married to Michael A. Krauss, but the couple got a divorce after staying together for more than 20 years. Later, she became involved with WABC. And it's not OK for me? The journalist and former "Good Morning America" host Joan Lunden became a mother of two sets of twins with her current husband Jeff Konigsberg after turning 50. I probably stayed in it much longer than I should have.. She went on to have two more daughters with her first husband before they divorced and then wanted to have more babies with her second husband, summer-camp operator Jeff Konigsberg, who is 10 years her junior. And they didn't take care of themselves in those days!". Coming back to her romantic life, she was married to Michael between 1978 and 1992. In the below, you will get all the information about her birthday, birthplace and other related things. I find myself driving along the road to my office and looking around, and there can be a slow driver in front of me, and instead of being irritated with him, Im saying, Man, are these trees beautiful! she shared. Her family was always there for her and most importantly her husband. Everybody got on Hoda Kotbs case when she started doing the math of how old she was going to be when the kids were 20. Similarly, his total body weight according to his height is around 67 kg or 147 lbs. According to IMDb, she voiced the character Plex in the childrens series Yo Gabba Gabba! Joan Lunden on October 30, 2014 on the "Today" show | Source: Getty Images. Its been 20yrs since they, Also, Jeff conducts a program and organizer of a camp called . The Actor is Dating a Girlfriend named Krista Allen Currently! Its energizing to me, she once told Closer Weekly of parenting her big family. See Her Beautiful Bikini Photos, Having Fun at the Beach! Lunden has three children from her first marriage to Krauss: Jamie, 39, Lindsay, 36, and Sarah, 32. In June 2015, one year after being diagnosed with breast cancer she is now cancer free. Joan has an estimated net worth of around. According to our research, She was born in Fair Oaks, California . She was wedded to Michel A Krauss. Who is (Gerald Dempsey Buster Posey III ) Buster Posey Wife? The couple has four children, two sets of twins, born with the help of a surrogate mother. On March 1, 2005, less than two years after Kate and Max were born, Deborah delivered twins Kimberly and Jack. So I think that I was wise in my choice.. By nationality, he holds American citizenship and is of a Native American ethnic background. Lindsay Krauss (now Weinberg) was born in 1983 and was the first of Lundens children to bestow the title of grandma upon her mother in 2014 with the arrival of Lindsays daughter, Parker Leigh. OMG, we now officially have four kids in high school!. AmoMama creates engaging, meaningful content for women. The ceremony took place on 10 September 1978. He came to media insight as the husband of Joan Lunden. Word of the surrogacy did get out, and Lunden decided that she would do one sit-down interview about the process, with Larry King who would not only give her enough airtime to go deep into the topic, but who had had children through the same surrogacy agency. We raced over to the hospital and met little Mason and he was perfect! Sign up here. Joans mother is Gladyce Lorraine Blunden while her father is Erle Murray Blunden. In her career, she has gained both and faced at the same time. I hv th mr aggressive kind, h said. . Children. In June 2014, she revealed that she had breast cancer. Joan Lunden was married once before The now 69-year-old Lunden was previously married to Michael A. Krauss from 1978 until their divorce in 1992. Who is Misty Copelands Husband? She also has experience as a TV host. Help us build our profile of Joan Lunden! Joan Lunden Husband. Does First Lady Of Television Actress Have Children? Jeff Konigsberg (m. 2000), Michael A. Krauss (m. 19781992) . By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. Who Will Replace Mark on 'Live With Kelly' If He Returns to Acting? I had heard so many stories of recurrence, and walking out and not worrying again was not an option.". Unfortunately for the couple, having a baby significantly changed their routine. I have written 8 books. Age, Parents, Siblings, Ethnicity, Education, Body Measurements: Height, Weight, Body Size, Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. Read more: Former GMA Anchor Joan Lunden on Getting Kicked Off the Morning Show and the Realities of Aging. The disease was discovered thanks to her ultrasound because the mammogram didn't show it. They are currently living a happy and . . There is no information related to his family and siblings. I was completely convinced that I could, wanted to, and felt like Jeff should have that experience of his wife being pregnant, she told ABC News. Altogether, Joan has seven children, five daughters, and two sons. actress praised her kiddos for the exciting accomplishment. I still wanted that life where youre running around chasing kids on bikes and riding bikes with them.. Joan became one of the few show hosts to talk about pregnancy on air openly, and she even participated in segments addressing parenting. After that, he does a bachelors degree from Lehigh University. When he joined their lives, it became almost impossible. It was 1996, one year before she was to leave Good Morning America. Who is Joan Lunden dating? Joan Lunden is a journalist, best-selling author, international speaker. One of her daughters is married to a businessman 20 years her senior. Instead of hiring a sitter for their date nights, they decided to contact caregivers willing to work at dawn so that they could run together again. Joan Lunden's children with Jeff are Jack, Kim, Kate, and Max. As of now, the couple is enjoying each other company. Joan Lunden (second from left) with her husband Jeff Konigsberg, Gretchen Carlson and Gabriele's Managing Partner and Maitre'd Tony Capasso at Gabriele's Italian Steakhouse in Greenwich last week. She was married to Michael A. Krauss, a television producer from 1978 until their divorce in 1992. Thankfully, the TV personality is cancer-free at the moment. "My husband basically said, 'This is not a contest to see if you can get pregnant. After working together for some years, the couple clicked and started to date. "I knew I would get one hour of quiet, serious, no exploitation opportunity to talk about surrogacy," she recalls about her decision. Lunden also established herself as an author, she has released the books like Joan Lunden's Healthy Living, Joan Lunden's Healthy Cooking. Pinterest. He was born into a well-maintained family. Joan completed her high school education at Bella Vista High School in California. Years before they tied the knot, Joan took a fertility test, and the results were positive as doctors told her that she wouldn't struggle to get pregnant. ("I feel like Im living on Noah's Ark theyre coming two by two," she told People magazine at the time. Youre never ever really alone,'" she says. Has been diagnosed with breast cancer [June 24, 2014]. She shared her battle with cancer and how she recovered. Like her older sister, the celebrity kid also had aspirations to become an actress. Jeff (Jeff) owns Takago and Trip Lake Camp by profession. The ceremony took place on 10 September 1978. . Jeff, on the other hand, had never had children of his own. Like Max and Kate, the duo enjoyed their experience with surrogacy so much that they asked their former surrogate to carry for them again. When Joan Lunden started her now-legendary stint as a Good Morning America co-anchor, she raised the work-life balance bar for moms everywhere. Thankfully, the couple met Deborah Bolig, a woman from Cincinnati who had three children and was willing to become Joan and Jeff's surrogate. However, the idea of relapsing is always present. Besides, she has not mentioned information regarding her other family members. Lunden also credited her family, husband Jeff Konigsberg and her seven children, for offering much-needed encouragement during her cancer battle. Of course, we've done way more we've flown her into New York and we've flown her up to [Jeffs summer camp], the whole family We've kept her in our life. ", A post shared by Joan Lunden (@joanlunden). She says, 'yeah, you can use my oven,' and we put our cake in her oven until it's done and then we take it out.". Her husband, Jeff is the owner of Camp Takajo. By religion, he follows Christianity. JOAN LUNDEN'S SECOND HUSBAND, JEFF KONIGSBERG Her first husband was TV producer Michael Arthur Krauss. Following her first divorce, the Why Did I Come into This Room? Joan Lunden with husband Jeff, daughters, Jamie, 34, Lindsay, 31 and Sarah, 27 and their two sets of . ", According to Lindsay, Joan was also thrilled with the new addition to the family. Jeff attended Blind Brook High School. Who is Buster Poseys Twin? Today. Is Castle Star Nathan Fillion Married Now? We believe that every person's story is important as it provides our community with an opportunity to feel a sense of belonging, share their hopes and dreams. Joan Lunden has open up about living with cancer and losing her hair, what keeps her strong is her family, her children and beloved husband Jeff Konigsberg. She earned a Liberal Arts degree from there. You know, thanks to modern science.". So, how old is Joan Lunden in 2022, and how tall is she? Of course, while many moms would shudder at the thought of having a newborn let alone four of them with kids already in their teens and early 20s, Lunden took it stride. Lindsay had her first child in 2014, making her mom a grandmother for the first time that year. The second and current husband of the TV personality is Jeff Konigsberg, the owner of the summer overnight camp for kids Camp Takajo. The couple stayed together for five more years before divorcing in 1992. Chandler Lawson (Chandler Lawson) is an American basketball player. Jeff Konigsberg is a media personality. Joan Lunden was not ready to give up on having children as she wanted to go through the experience of "running around chasing kids on bikes" again. Interestingly, they are two sets of twins born through surrogacy. As for her personal life, Jamie married her husband, George Hess, in 2013. Joan Lunden is an American television host, author, and journalist who has a net worth of $25 million. ", They landed on a "wonderful woman," Deborah McCoy (ne Bolig), who had three daughters of her own, close in age to Lunden's girls, and who had already been a surrogate to twins for another couple. Fact. From Joan Lunden WHEN I WAS 52 YEARS OLD, I welcomed my first set of twins, Kate and Max, into the world. Television personality Joan Lunden and husband, Jeffery Konigsberg, are welcoming twins again. I am so proud of my Kim and Jack who graduated middle school today, she penned on Instagram. The couple got married in 1978 and has three daughters between them. Joan welcomed her first twins, Max Aaron Konigsberg and Kate Elizabeth Konigsberg in June 2003 with her husband, Jeff via a surrogate. It seems that he has got a healthy body. Joan was born in Fair Oaks, California to Gladyce Lorraine and Dr. Erle Murray Blunden, a physician. Joan Lunden and her three daughters from her. LUNDEN, Joan 1950-PERSONAL: Born Joan Elise Blunden, September 9, 1950, in Fair Oaks, CA; daughter of Erle Murray (a physician) and Gladyce Lorraine (Somervill) Blunden; married Michael Krauss (a television producer), September 10, 1978 (divorced, 1992); married Jeff Konigsberg (a summer camp owner), 2000; children: (first marriage) Jamie Beryl, Lindsay Leigh, Sarah Emily; (second marriage .