Hansens claims were picked up and reshared by a state GOP chairwoman, Meshawn Maddock, who warned Parent heroes will TAKE BACK our schools in a Facebook post. A high school in Kentucky is having a "furry" problem and if you don't Where did you get your info. He did not immediately respond to a request to comment for this article. Teacher alleges she was fired for not 'meowing' back at student who PolitiFact | No evidence North Carolina students seeking litter boxes No. Please consider a one-time sign of support or becoming a monthly supporter at $5, $10/month - whatever you think we're worth! No, Schools Aren't Accommodating Students Who Identify as Animals Rumors began to surface that these students were permitted to use litter boxes in bathrooms to. He is going on 16 years old this year, and has been with us a long time. (For my illustrated video commentary on this, go here .) This isnt about mocking transgender people. Supposedly, a female student was identifying as a cat. FUR-REAL: Iowa students, parents report kids wearing collars, barking, hissing as furries, Des Moines teacher talks about how she works around law banning CRT in class, LETTER: Axne ignoring what is happening to America, Constitutional amendment protecting parental rights in education reintroduces by Rep. Lesko, Hinson Continues to Champion Parental Rights, Bishop Reintroduces Legislation to Fully Defund Critical Race Theory, School Cafeteria Tables Are Being Lowered for "Furries" Texas Monthly - News Point Club, Pixel Scroll 1/27/22 All Ringworlds Great And Small | File 770, Pixel Scroll 1/27/22 All Ringworlds Great And Small - Newzlab. They should not be allowed to attend school as school is meant for humans. If youve ever used the phrase Fake News now YOU can actually DO something about it! Some go to conventions dressed as their favorite superheroes. Our approach is always unique to the student and we will take into account professional advice and the wellbeing of the student, the Australian school said in a statement. Initially, we laughed too. We need your help. In another video, the author scrolls through TikTok and YouTube reels featuring her "little rant. No, there aren't litter boxes in Iowa school's restrooms despite rumor Three doctors from the same hospital die suddenly in the same week, after the hospital mandated a fourth COVID-19 vaccine for employees. Nebraska senator retracts claim of litter boxes for students - KLKN-TV Primary source evidence proves the claim to be false. "And so I heard yesterday that at least one of our schools in our town has in one of those unisex bathrooms a litter box for the kids that identify as cats and I'm really disturbed by that.". But the other girl wanted to one up everyone, and decided she was really a demon instead. "Not making them participate. Make yourself available and visible to all students. When I read such news, I ask myself if the advent of the Internet was a good event. This is true in many states including the one in which I live (Tennessee). A couple of weeks ago we received an email. by Kathie Obradovich, Iowa Capital Dispatch February 14, 2022. School districts in several states have debunked the claim that they are providing litter boxes in bathrooms. I think we need some intervention on these kids and parents. You have entered an incorrect email address! What in the world is happening? What will happen to immigrants admitted through Bidens illegal parole program? I can't even. There is no truth whatsoever to this false statement/accusation! Kitty Litter in Schools? | CycloneFanatic: The Internet's most popular 90. 0:00. Be a serious parent or parents. ", The post was flagged as part of Facebooks efforts to combat false news and misinformation on its News Feed. Fourth, they need to be kicked out of school for pets are not allowed in school unless used to assist handicapped individuals as a service animal. Feline humor, news and stories about the ongoing adventures of Buddy the Cat. oh, dont forget to stock up on cat food as human food isnt really good for them. Once you see through this political cat-and-mouse game, the litter box story just seems doggone sad. I have two grandkids in school and my grandkids didnt want to go to school anymore," she said. No, there are no litter boxes in Iowa schools for students identifying At some point, even the wokest of the woke have to see the calamitous problems they have created. During her comments she stated that litter boxes were provided within MPS student restrooms for those who identify themselves as 'furries. This group of fussy felines has apparently made life difficult for this grandmother's grandchildren. American journalist Jack Posobiec was arrested at World Economic Forum., The Uvalde, Texas, mass shooter was an illegal alien.. The false claim nevertheless gained traction after being shared by Meshawn Maddock, the Michigan Republican Party Co-Chair. I dont take a political position and will not, as its important for all cat lovers to feel comfortable reading the site and participating in discussions. As a Rivals site, does GIA have press credentials? Hearst Television participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. These situations have been addressed consistently by administration and the dress code policy will continue to be implemented with fidelity. I cant stay in the same classroom as that cat! He said the costumes violate the school dress code: "A small number of Meade County High School students have violated the dress code policy during the early part of the school year. Your email address will not be published. We have also talked with students from multiple districts who confirm this is actually a real thing. Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. Texas district debunks GOP hopefuls claim," Jan. 27, 2022, USA Today, "Fact check: No, a Michigan public school did not provide litter boxes for students identifying as cats," Jan. 30, 2022, YouTube, "No, furries don't get litter boxes in school bathrooms | Is This Legit?" document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); ***The Iowa Standard is an independent media voice. It was about a rumor involving an Iowa school. The grandmother said a petition to end the practice was created by students and has more than 1,000 signatures. Teen Furries Reportedly Taking Over Kentucky High School - Jezebel Michigan State University suspect is 22-year-old Raymone Jordan., Wisconsin school district does not have furry protocol, Nebraska lawmaker apologizes for debunked litter box claim, Carroll Community School District superintendent: No litter boxes in schools, Furries eating out of dog bowls at school? 801 3rd St. S Sign up now to get the Washington Examiners breaking news and timely commentary delivered right to your inbox. The issue . Iowa Jan 9, 2022 #1 I refused to believe it the first time I was told this, but have been told by three different people, that I generally trust, that schools are putting kitty litter in their restrooms due to students identifying as cats. We ask that you edit only for style or to shorten, provide proper attribution and link to our web site. 'Uhhh, excuse me? Iowa Capital Dispatch maintains editorial independence. We will need to lock them up and feed them the same food other cats and dogs are fed. Waukee taxpayers voice displeasure at heated meeting. Brogan, Dylan. All being a Furry means is that you enjoy anthropomorphic characters. The parent goes on to suggest this is part of a larger "agenda" nationwide. Please consider a one-time sign of support or becoming a monthly supporter at $5, $10/month - whatever you think we're worth! Or incest. His note came amid a heightened scrutiny of schools across the nation, where curriculum about race is being questioned and the recommendations of certain books might lead to criminal prosecution. Frankly, with all the unbelievably dopey Tik-Tok challenges out there, its not out of the realm of possibility that some kid, somewhere, has decided to try to emulate a cat to that extreme. The woman says she was born the wrong species. My psychologist told me I can grow out of it, but I doubt it, she told an interviewer. Oh, you are a human? Enjoy The Healthy Aging Support of Collagen Get 51% Off Here http://www.healthwithlauren.com/ This is my FAV trusted source ^^^^ One California. A Facebook post says schools are putting litter boxes in bathrooms to accommodate kids who identify as furries. Superintendent denies rumors of litter boxes in restrooms for students Meade County Schools will not discuss individual student discipline due to privacy laws.". A Michigan superintendent said a rumor that a school district has litter boxes on school grounds for students who identify as furries to use the bathroom is false. I get to the third row and I hear this meow! Uhhh, excuse me? A TikTok user, whose account name is @crazynamebridgetmichael, explains in the video. Supposedly, a female student was identifying as a cat. There are websites that claim there is a catgender movement, but that is a different thing. Sharrow said the rumor was recently brought up by a parent during a school board meeting on December 20 and has since been shared widely online. The rumor has been spreading persistently, but was unfounded each time: An Iowa superintendent sent a letter to parents to dispel the myth. De-clawing and neutering, ha! And have policies ensuring no one mocks them? a typical day of subbing! Then I hear 'meow!' Sir David Cattenboroughs Newest Documentary Reveals The Elusive Silver-Furred Buddy, Check Out This Beautiful Gallery Of Larry The Cat, PLUS: A New Game Features A Furious Feline, Cat With Gang Tattoos Rescued From Mexican Prison, Up For Adoption. I read that a comedian joked how he asks to be regarded with the possessive pronoun there, because he identifies as a place. Disgusting, but not life-threatening. "This is still a problem. Woman Claims School District Installed Litter Boxes For Kids Who Being an animal lover myself . Schools are putting litter boxes in bathrooms to accommodate kids who identify as furries. Students identifying as furries using litter boxes? Michigan The story was made up by the TikTok user, who later posted an update expressing her disappointment at how "fake news" is made and affirming that she was not fired. A SCHOOL in Michigan has bizarrely been accused by outraged parents of installing litter boxes in bathrooms for students who identify as cats and dogs. Having said that, I can picture Family Guy creating much fanfare with this fictional student-cat-identity and substitute-teacher-noncompliance story. Contact Editor Kathie Obradovich for questions: info@iowacapitaldispatch.com. And what they need right now is acceptance and understanding, not further exclusion and alienation.. Thats hearsay. And that is what is missing if you know what I mean. She said the issue gained attention on social media once people started sharing photos and videos of the feline costumes and behavior, "I started getting videos and messages from kids, and I said, 'Ok, Im going to post this so parents know whats going on.'". A doctor at the Mayo Clinic is misdiagnosing pregnancies of Trump supporters so they have abortions. "I'm all for creativity and imagination but when someone lives in a fantasy world and expects other people to go along I have a problem with that.". Youre missing the point. Staff members are not encouraging or accommodating anyone behaving or identifying as a cat or any other animal, Superintendent Casey Berlau said Tuesday in a note to parents in the western Iowa district. Republican retracts false claim schools placing litter boxes for 'furry The claim is a local school district is putting litter boxes in . Sorry, not a known recognizable language. District of Columbia We have excellent schools here. The litter box rumors spread the notion that if schools will let transgender girls compete on sports teams and use the girls restroom, next theyll be forced to accommodate every other so-called identity, even if it means pet bowls on the cafeteria floors and taking kids out for recess on leashes. "Kids who identify as 'furries' get a litter box in the school bathroom. Then, there was the news of Target permitting transgender people to use fitting rooms and restrooms aligned with their gender identity, not their biological sex. The grandmother is urging parents and family members to attend the Meade County School Board meeting on Sept. 14 to request further action. You can also support us on PayPal at. Not at all, they said. Ultimately, when you allow people to transition or identify as something they are not, by enabling these mental health issues instead of trying to resolve them, the natural progression is for people to start identifying legitimately as other things, such as cats. "However, our Midland PS stakeholders may be confused about a false message/accusation that has resurfaced this week and is gaining traction in the social media realm.". There is no truth whatsoever to this false statement/accusation! News 6 reported that, much like in the U.S., Australian lawmakers picked up on another Murdoch-owned newspaper's claim that an eighth-grade private school student in Melbourne "identifies as a cat, and as long as she does her school work, the school is supporting her assumed identity": The sourcing for this claim "a source close the . "I will do some more investigation," she added. This . The litter box canard also serves another political purpose: Trying to scare parents. The World Economic Forum has its own police force. This week, on the same day Iowa Capital Dispatch published the Carroll litter box story, lawmakers were debating bills to ban transgender girls participation on womens sports teams and throw educators in jail for making obscene literature available to students. At this point, there are no policies that would provide. www.youtube.com, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF2k85dOs_Y. "President Biden confirm(ed) everyone will receive their $1k gas checks this week!! Or speak. 2023 www.desmoinesregister.com. The story about the fired substitute also had its roots in an online video, with a woman who says shes a teacher relating the story via TikTok. School district denies litter boxes for students identifying as 'furries' ', "Let me be clear in this communication. Regarding the Norwegian woman, that one startled me as I have a cat named Nano. On the October 11 episode of his Joe Rogan Experience Spotify podcast, Rogan claimed that a school "had to install a litter box in the girls room because there is a girl who's a furry, who .