If you say a trip most likely you will have to pay a fee. Mexico is not a Canadian province. When can I renew? If shes a US citizen. You shouldnt worry about getting back into the US if youre crossing on foot. Or does she need to fly over to Las Vegas, better. As canadian citizen can i fly to Mexico from the US and fly back in the US after? If anyone is heading down from Dallas to Durango in mid-December, we would love to be part of a caravan. Yes , is fine with a expire pasaport, I just pick up my nieces , in March and April , I just show there pasaport and birth certificate, Officer did not say anything they just let us in. We are in a loophole! He overstayed the 180 days he gets from FMM but he will be returning in May by land to the USA and I was wonder if he will have to pay a fine? WebThe Calexico West border crossing is open 24 hours a day, every day. This is helpful. Hi. About two weeks ago I went to San Felipe with a friend and we returned on a Tuesday mid-afternoon. I am planning to use the San Diego/Otay to Tijuana CBX and fly from Tijuana to Cancun (non-essential). Apparently they will also tighten up on Americans enetering at the northern border. since you have a passport, no problem.but there r restrictions. Hours of Operation: 8:00AM - 8:00PM (Pacific), Seven Days Week. Just crossed the border by car at Matamoros ( Jan 10th, 2021 ) I am a U.S. citizen with a Passport flying to El Paso this May and plan on crossing to Juarez by land. I have had my Residente Permanente since 2013 and when walking or driving across the border I have never stopped to fill out the FMM or to return it. Hello! Tell that to a police officer when you get a ticket for no seat belt. Would he qualify to be allowed onto the island. I live along border and flying from one Mexican city to another. I came back into the US on May 29 with my vehicle, and they were asking I wanted an entry permit. I live in San Diego. While Mexico is pretty cheap on certain things, other things can be quite expensive since those items had to be imported from the USA and pay a duty/tariff etc. Fully vaccinated? to travel locally in Mexico unless you have Mexican id or you will be arrested this is the new law now in Mexico, Hi Kevin, we are Canadian citizens who have been in Mexico since before Christmas and were not aware of the march border closure when it happened, our plan was to wait until the planned April opening which has now been extended, We would like to drive home crossing the US border at Mariposa and continue on to British Columbia in the most expeditious manner possible. WebIn this article we are going to show how to cross the border from Mexicali to the United States. I own a home in Panama, and, in early June, I want to drive with my dog through Mexico, and on, from there, to Panama. Mexicos airports remain open and there are no restrictions to enter Mexico by air, but you should check with the airlines on their requirements for travel. and kind of car makes difference because ? They are stopping people right outside Nogales . And they are putting these restrictions because they basically made a deal with the US saying Mexico had to stop the southerns from crossing (because the US is getting full of immigrants, lets be honest) so that the US can gift Mexico some vaccines, but that was the requierement, dont worry too much . Everyone should do things the right way.. my husband is American and I have a green card! The COVID test was required for us because we flew back to the Sates but it wasnt required from my cousin and his family because they crossed by land. DO THIS ONLINE! Hi Jennifer, I know being US citizen I can come back with a DL. I have seen many posts about people that have crossed several times but dont know how recently. Also stay there in a hotel. After being held for questioning and frisked more than once I overheard more than once the huddle of agents deciding my fate with shrugs and Im okay with letting her go are you okay with it Agent so and so? And then your fate is depending on Agents so and sos mood that day.. Theres very little Inter agency communication going on and unfortunately the men and women with the authority to say have a nice day or make sure you certainly dont seem to be the last to know. I dont have a passport, but the surgeons coordinators say a drivers license and birth certificate are fine. Make sure to get us car insurance before you cross the border and also see if you need to get a drivers license for the state you will be in you might need to also get us plates and registration for the car because most states have a time limit on how long you can operate a car from some other place. Sachin from pune. You will likely have problems entering the USA from Mexico unless you can show essential requirement. Any thoughts or info greatly appreciated from very stressed out pregnant mom- lol. Also, have crossed border by foot and car. Please let me know! In the summer, when temperatures rise to record highs in the desert, it is common for its residents to joke about its extreme heat. Would it be better to have the car regitered in my or his name? I came with a friend for medical reasons but they did not ask for any documentation to confirm that. Enjoy your trip visiting Mexico. Do you believe she will be able to return to Mexico with a copy of the lease? It is the second-largest city in Baja California, and it is located in the northern part of the state. Can someone please advise? The parents need to begin training the child at home to wear a mask by making it a game or fun time. Nobody needs a passport to enter in Mexico. I have no experience in MX so Im not sure if this is a were actually enforcing this thing or a nice on paper but we need your tourism money more thing, CROSSING BY LAND: EL PASO to JUAREZ, MEXICO UNDER CURRENT COVID RESTRICTIONS. You might find this article helpful: Expect to wait in line around 2 to 3hrs going back to the USA. Hi, I am a Canadian citizen considering visiting Cancun from San Francisco and on return get the TN visa. Hi Paul, I am in same situation. So Im grateful that youve address such per this post wherein you state that: If youre a Mexican citizen, or you have a legal residency permit for Mexico (Residente Temporal or Residente Permanente), you can cross the border by road and return home to Mexico. Do I have to tell them I am going for an essential purpose? Well said, thank you for some common sense. She has a tourist visa only and is a Mexican citizen, but needs to come back. You cannot fly within Mexico without an FMM, and you need a passport to obtain an FMM. We have our 3 year temporals. Hi Angela, as Jason remarked you can fly to Mexico; some smaller airports are closed but main ones remain open. Many cities are giving the vaccine. Will we have any issues crossing the US/Mex border? There are some coworkers from Hungary, that need to do some work in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico in a couple of weeks. I have made two trips across the US/Mexican border since the restrictions have been put in place and am planning a third trip for next week. It costs like $25 so you can be legal until you imigrate with Permanant residency there. Their fear is an admission that the vaccine is unsafe and ineffective, and yet they want their betters to be forced to take it. Can I do that? I am a US citizen who lives in the middle of MX half the year. My grandmother is a US citizen (living in Mexico, but has a house in the US too). Where do you get all this? The number of people who have paid to fly, stay in hotels, rent cars etc. A pandemic with a lethality rate of .06% , My husband and i went last week no problems. Land you should be fine as long you have permissions. Correct? I have been using CBX since Nov 2020 to fly from Tijuana to Monterrey. Hello. Easy. My sister-in-law came to Nuevo Laredo border with her husband who is Brazilian and Mexican and they would not allow them to cross. I dont want mandated vaccines. If you need to cross outside of those hours, you will have to go to Mexicali. We have patients crossing into Mexico and returning to SD every day. Like you! Going to Los Algones for Dental work. Did the mother cross to US? Tourists are crossing into Baja at Mexicali as we speak. I own a Mexican vehicle and have had it here for about 11 months. We are trying to do the same driving from CO. Did you hear that Nogales border is OK to enter Mexico? Everything is sooooo stupid it doesnt make any sense, its just they get control you these days, by saying everything is because covid, it will always be the excuse, if we dont fight against it! Next time I will try a different crossing. / Over last 8 months, I have flown twice to Mexico via CBX (pedestrian bridge direct to Tijuana airport) without issue. We need to book flights. Hey hey, I am from Brazil as well and hoping to do this so I can enter the US and finish my studies. I also hope that you get some more help from other people as I am rather inexperienced, just wanted to reply. How did your crossing go? Im on a work Visa. Wait times here are around 30 minutes. Canadians cannot drive to the US, however vaccinated Americans can drive to Canada. Im in the same situation as you! I have a 16 year old sister that lives in Mexico. I hear that will change soon but not at this moment. Im 71 years old, also a green card holder planning to return by land border to California by January or February 2022, Im not vaccinated due to California doctors recommendation because of my heart condition and allergic reactions to various medicines which he said can have negative adverse consequences on my heart and perhaps die Will this restriction for US citizens and US green card holders be enforced well beyond January 2022? No, she has to have her permanent resident card in order to cross the border she still a tourist until you change her status through marriage. Hi. Same purpose finish some paperwork and utilities and had no problem coming back. The DL and birth certificate are enough. I want to enter out of Columbus into Mexico to pick up my medicine and then come right back to USA. It was stolen. We are headed to Puerto Escondido, Oaxaca, I need to find out if the restrictions are still in place for US citizens. . I am planning on crossing tomorrow. I have ESTA and the invitation letter and purchase order from the company, which is based in the US. Thank you. Ask an immigration lawer to be sure! Do just mexicans bring covid in? Im a US citizen. We are going to our daughters wedding in February 2022. The capital of Baja California is located in Mexicali, which is located across the border from Calexico, California, in the United States. Technically, you cant enter foreign countries without a passport. You can skip the immigration at the border but once you leave the Sonoran free zone you will be required to show a visa and would be in trouble without one. Some other foreigners were given the vaccine if any was left over at the end of the day and then were automatically signed up for the 2nd shot. Do you know if the land crossing requires a negative covid test to cross back to US? To fly back the baby needs a passport and only Life or Death situations can get a passport. You went to Mexico on 16 May 2021? Thanks! During our visit we want to go to Hermosillo as our son is playing in the World baseball championships there. U.S. Customs and Border Protection Then I would travel from San Diego,CA to San Jose, CA. When can she fly into mexico??????? Does anyone know? Click Share This Page button to display social media links. If they find items you should have declared, be polite. It doesnt matter if you are a US citizen. he works in el paso. Any deception will not help you in the long run. I am a US-born citizen with permanent residency in Mexico. Coordinates: 324012.2N 1152318.4W. I want to drive a Mexican rental car across the border at Nogales for a maximum 2-night stay in Tucson to pick up some things I had to leave with a friend. I am American so I am assuming that a visa is still not required for us to cross the land border inti TJ. How about the toll road into Monterrey from Laredo? Ill talk to some friends in the area and in Tucson and see whats going on, and some local people in border patrol/law enforcement agencies. Yes, as long as your J-1 visa is good. Anything to be concerned about regarding COVID and travel to Mexico? Border crossing Los Algodones--slow in May? You can/should check the government website for any updates. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites. Consider this Americans are permitted to transit across Canada to get to Alaska, if they can state they are returning there to a home. We have read that there have been no issues crossing the border from San Diego into Baja. The answer is he should have became a national, us residence and achieved an American passport, Driving to Rosarito for couple days, The Mexican president should hold the Americans to the same standard, but it never happens. Any problem at the boarder? As long as the borders by land are closed he cant enter. How can we get her over here? Despite Mexican authorities inability to control the influx of American citizens crossing the border to engage in illegal activities, even the Arellano-Felix Organization, also known as The Tijuana Cartel, had such a powerful and influential presence in the area that even the Mexican government could not control it. You will not be able to if the restriction is still in effect AND/OR Not consider essential. Duty free info Are the boarders open for shopping and pharmacy?? Upon returning , PERHAPS they will ask you the reason for your trip. I dont think that the case, well at this time its not. Mexico does not require air passengers flying to the country to be vaccinated; however, visitors flying from or through Mexico to the US will be required to show proof of vaccination. You will be fine. Assuming youre US citizens with good ID, preferably passports but not actually required, you have full right to cross back into the US. My husband can get into the US because we are married. Hello, Ive been going to San Miguel Allende and stay at my sisters house for the last few years until the pandemic hit. Please SAVE the PDF for your personal use. Entering or returning to the USA from Mexico I want to take a bus from Tiajuana to Loreto, but I cant find any info on the B.C.S buses or even make a reservation. I know she can enter as she is a Mexican citizen and was hoping because I am her spouse and we have tickets, which we would show proof of, that we might not have any issues. Also this is coming back home to USA .. going into Mexico no issues you just wait for the green light thats says go on in if it turns red get ready to pull over to the right and get spoken to by a police officer asking for ID, Whats your business in mexico, how long you plan to stay, where do you plan to be at and if they wish they also may ask to inspect your vehicle and take any items they want away from you if they feel your brining in used goods with a possible attempt to re-sell them. because they couldnt drive up for the day is remarkable and so its a clear motivation. Unfortunately, they cant board the plane or stay on the plane unless she wears a mask. I have a question, I hope someone can answer. Dont be stupid, dont break the law, and dont be rude, and you will have a wonderful time. What are the restrictions if we are not vaccinated and wish to travel? I heard that no children are allowed to pass the border, and only 2 adults per car, is this true? Thanks so much. The city is an important hub for trade and commerce and has become an increasingly popular tourist destination. Just make sure you have a mask. Hope this helps:). As far as I understand, you should have no problem crossing CBX to enter the Tijuana terminal for your flight. I had no difficulties. Yes, you are as long as you have a valid drivers license either from Mexico or The United States, the issue here is that if you have an American drivers license some Mexican police officers can make you go thru a rough time but if you have a Mexican one, in my experience is going to be less trouble to drive in both countries. Dont need a vehicle pass for Baja. Yes you can join him. For years he has ordered product from the US and then used a shipper to import goods. Coming into the terminal from the San Diego side, youll go through Mexican customs just before getting on the bridge which takes you into the airport. Nothing unusual about the trip at all. Visitors from Mexico to the US traveling on rail and sea ferries will also need to demonstrate proof of vaccination to enter the US. did she go to school? Why would he/she need everything from the USA if theyre traveling to Mexico, are a Mexican citizen and have their car registered in Mexico? We are planning to drive down from the US to PV in late July/early August to supervise some repairs on the house. To the mentally challenged moron who wrote about the raging bullshit in India. They have the babys birth certificate. Their work would last 3-4 weeks. However, it is pretty stupid to travel in the middle of a pandemic. I agree Evait just isnt rightbut what the U.S. is doing to Mexico, Canada does to the U.S.what goes around comes around.I have a home in Canada and cant go there. Hello everyone February 2nd, 2021. My husband, 2 kids and I are possibly planning to drive to Hermosillo from Tucson in March, then fly from Hermosillo to Puerto Vallarta. Hi, I live and work in the US but I am a not a citizen nor a permanent resident. The border cities of Mexicali and Tijuana, located in the state of Baja California, Mexico, have become important economic centers in recent years due to their strategic location along the U.S.-Mexico border. You should be fine if you can manage the drive from the northern US to the southern US, just before reaching the border. While its not okay, I thought it might be important to include. The land border restrictions did not affect flights, but policies are now being aligned to make it necessary for all visitors to the United States to be vaccinated to whether they arrive by air, land, ferry, or rail. We are ready to go in our truck and 58 cargo trailer but heard its closed until 21st of December and they keep changing it. Also there are lower, much lower Covid cases in border cities in Mexico than their sister cities in USA. Mexico is not requiring vaccination, only USA. Hello, But if you are walking driving boating all you need is a drivers license and a birth certificate. Any items in excess must be declared and have duties paid. WebDiscover Baja Travel Club 8322 Clairemont Mesa Blvd. We live in AZ and have tickets to fly from Mexicali to Mexico City on Dec. 19th to visit her family. I have 2 times this year, hellos Lindsay, I was born in Mazatlan too in 1982. US Citizens returning to the US are not affected even now. Here is a tricky one. A lot of the smaller airports are shutdown. Calexico West - Class A, California - 2503, 8:00AM - 8:00PM (Pacific), Seven Days Week. Hi Ben, wed recommend you speak with the people flying the plane. As a Canadian myself you are asking a very legitimate question. No need to worry about having to get a (TIP). Mexicali Calexico Border Crossing Instructions No issues coming back and it was only about a 30 min wait (walking). Thanks so much. Do you still belive in this manufactured pandemic or are you, like millions of others starting to understand how deeply you have been fooled? If they do its rarely. I am an international Student on F-1 Visa from India.I have enterrd USA on November 11th on B-1 and B2 visa. I spent two weeks on a road trip to Mexico and never had a problem.. and that was last year. The east crossing was built in 1996 in an effort to divert traffic I arrived in Mexico City on 26 May. I have a dental emergency and my preferred dentist is in Los Algodones. I cannot find any information on the topic of air travel between the countries that is not geared specifically to citizen or permanent residents of either country which I am not (EU citizen). Easiest border crossing of my life even though it was borders closed to non-essential travel. Mexico wasnt enforcing that, back then. United States, Follow I-8 East Take SR 111 South Follow to border, Follow I-8 West Take SR 111 South Follow to border. Because of jerks like you, most of the world has become a fascist dictatorship. The new rules require visitors (people who do not hold a US passport or Green Card) who wish to enter the United States by land from Mexico to present evidence showing that they are fully vaccinated with an approved Covid vaccine brand. Just maybe a birth certificate or some sort of identification. Did you try that option or did you fly straight to LA? If you did not renounce it but left the US without requesting authorization from the US immigration authorities, it is likely you have lost your asylum and will not be allowed to re-enter. Hi, just came back from Mexico on Saturday. Are they still running? Im Mexican, living in Mexico with a Tourist visa. border guards know him. Yes, show them the flight tickets and they will issue new i-94. Will his birth certificate and valid drivers license be enough? We do recommend you take a letter from your doctor as they may ask for evidence of your travel purpose at the border. Best Western San Ysidro has a shuttle for medical appointments if you stay there. Thanks, Rick, We need to travel from Alberta to Puerto Vallarta via Houston on Aug 6 Does anyone know if we will be able to travel or will we be held up in Houston? I dont think the Mexican govt cares too much. It is difficult to get accurate information regarding citizen, vaccinated and crossing by land at CBX but i just located information stating Entry via Land and Sea Ports S. citizens and lawful permanent residents (LPRs) may enter via land ports of entry or via ferry regardless of vaccination status and are not required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test.