Within the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), she is a former executive board member of the Council on Communications and Media and is an official AAP spokesperson. As part of this process, we share your publisher display name and email address with IARC. Common Sense Media. Strong females prevail in these fantastic flicks. Directed by M. Night Shyamalan. There may be minimal comic violence in non-realistic, cartoon form. For more about the issue, read Brian Kenney's. Common Sense Media Launches Spanish-Language Ratings and Reviews to Since 2003, Common Sense has been the leading independent source for media recommendations and advice for families. We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we will accept compliments too. All TVs 13 inches or larger made in the United States after 2000 are required by federal law to have a V-chip. intense violence (V), intense sexual situations (S), strong coarse language (L) or intensely suggestive dialogue (D). [Running Time: 2:07] , Set in the early 1970s in Southern California and inspired by the story of a movement of young people finding religion. Parental Guidance Suggested. Prep & Landing Movie Review | Common Sense Media That said, with the sheer amount of media kids are exposed to, it's unrealistic that you'll be able to pre-screen or co-view everything. Parental warning: books are dangerous. Once these quotas are reached, the movie is pushed into a higher rating bracket. One of the 50 Coolest Websitesthey simply tell it like it is , Let us know what you think. This is Common Sense Media 's rating for Walter Dean Myers' historical fiction Fallen Angels (accessed online on July 26, 2010): May 7, 2010 James Steyer, CEO Liz Perle, Editor-in-Chief Common Sense Media 1550 Bryant Street, Suite 555 San Francisco, CA 94103 Dear Mr. Steyer and Ms. Perle: Parents may find some material unsuitable for children younger than 14. (see chart below) are usually included within local TV listings. Directed by Jordan. Jordan directs and stars in intense, moving threequel. Podcasts Featuring Inspiring Women Motivate kids of all ages with these female-centered podcasts. Prep and Landing is the best! CBBC - My Perfect Landing - Episode guide CBBC - My Perfect Landing What outlets for stress do you have available if you are struggling with a difficult situation? There is indeed a lot of girl drama in it but I also think this makes for a good conversation piece about good sportsmanship, real friendship, and jealousy if a parent is willing to watch with the child. Fans are invited to check back regularly, as new content will be released throughout the Spring. How can we do likewise even if those we love are not dealing with the tremendous burden Carley is carrying? Whatever media your child is using should be age appropriate. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here. This website uses cookies, utilised by us and third parties to enhance your experience. Content is generally suitable for ages 17 and up. Fans who can't wait to vault right in can check out the My Perfect Landing YouTube Channelas exclusive video content, including cast video diaries, gymnastics tips and more, will be released beginning Friday, February 21! As she comes through this experience, why do you think she feels it is more important to number the times you enter, rather than to count your wins or losses? ROUNDS OFF FULL ROSTER OF FAMILY SCREEN TIME FAVOURITES INCLUDING THE RETURN OF AMERICAN NINJA WARRIOR JUNIOR, HOLLY HOBBIE, BOSS BABY AND BOY GIRL DOG CAT MOUSE CHEESE, ENJOY ALL OF FAMILY'S AMAZING PROGRAMMING ON FREE PREVIEW THROUGHOUT MARCH. G 2011 22 minutes Save Rate movie Parents say age 4+ Based on 12 reviews Kids say age 5+ Based on 9 reviews Watch or buy Common Sense is a nonprofit organization. Cori Cross, MD, FAAP is a pediatrician at Children's Hospital Los Angeles. This list is ranked by film popularity. Use caution with online videos and products that don't have a rating. You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. [Running Time: 1:49] , When Mike (Channing Tatum) finds himself going broke after his business collapses, he cannot pass up an offer from a wealthy socialite (Salma Hayek) to accompany her to London in order to helm an unusual project. "Did they really just say that in a PG-rated movie?" Kids-In-Mind.com | Parents' Movie Guide, Ratings and Reviews Classification & Ratings Administration (CARA) has a board of independent raters who are required to be parents themselves. I'm fully looking forward to watching it with my son again this year. He founded Parent Previews in 1993, and today continues to write and broadcast the reviews in newspapers, on radio and (of course) on the Internet. These are like movie ratingsthey serve as a guide to help you make informed choices. Discover how Carley is inspiring the fight against cancer. Several lines of dialogue are spoken in French with English subtitles. See production, box office & company info. Directed by Frances OConnor. Apps with this age rating can contain increased nudity of a non-sexual nature, slightly graphic violence towards non-realistic characters, or non-graphic violence towards realistic human or animal characters. In typical Disney fashion, all of this entertaining content is wrapped up in positive messages about perseverance, unselfishness, and self-worth. My Perfect Landing follows a family of gymnasts through their struggles of dealing with a life-changing move from Miami to Toronto, Canada. May contain minimal cartoon, fantasy or mild violence and/or infrequent use of mild language. The special isn't tied to a merchandise line (at least, not yet), so there's no fear of it prompting the "gimmes" from your kids. Then make sure we continue publishing by becoming a sustaining member for as little as $1 a month -- that's the price of a small coffee, only once a month. [Running Time: 1:50] , When a couples (Jennifer Lopez and Josh Duhamel) island destination wedding is derailed by pirates, they find themselves questioning their recent choices. Apps with this age rating have the same criteria as the 3+ applications, except these apps can include content that might frighten a younger audience and can contain partial nudity, as long as the nudity doesn't refer to sexual activity. Although this may make sense for filmmakers, it can be difficult for parents to navigate. A song and a prayer are spoken in Hebrew without translation. What do those talents help you to do? Carley Allison (played by Sarah Fisher), a young woman from Ontario, Canada, fits that description. What times has she celebrated with kisses? Kiss and Cry is a refreshing view of the potential of adolescence during a time when cinema far too frequently portrays teens as depressed and/or narcissistic. Edit. And yes I know that Covid happened which is pretty much under control now.. My 5 year old daughter watched a few episodes and I watch with her for a while. Hillside, Part 2 15/15. Also with Tim Griffin, Ava Zaria Lee, Ken Leung, Amy Landecker and Megan Suri. If you chose to provide an email address, it will only be used to contact you about your comment. Whatever media your child is using should be age appropriate. Content is generally suitable for ages 10 and up. Do you think the media influences our expectations of holidays like Christmas? Unlike the MPAA we do not assign one inscrutable rating based on age, but 3 objective ratings for SEX/NUDITY, VIOLENCE/GORE and LANGUAGE on a scale of 0 to 10, from lowest to highest, depending on quantity and context. My Perfect Landing (TV Series 2020) - IMDb [Running Time: 1:35] , After a woman (Nia Long) does not return from a vacation with her boyfriend, her daughter (Storm Reid) searches for her using every available tool. Directed by Steven Soderbergh. There may be variations in treatment that your pediatrician may recommend based on individual facts and circumstances. Just when you thought every avenue had been explored in the world of Christmas stories, along comes a story that will captivate you with its unique spin on a tiny facet of the magical holiday. There is some very mild peril and tension, but short lived before a successful resolution. Keep in mind that while ratings can be helpful, they are only a guide. My kids all absolutely loved it. It's a disaster. This rating should only be used for apps where the content is suitable for children. Fast-paced from the beginning, this Colombian teen drama soon becomes exhausting. When co-viewing or listening isn't an option, you can refer to reputable, independent resources such as As anyone with kids has probably noticed, the the MPAA film rating system (G/PG/PG-13/R/etc) is not particular granular. The My Perfect Landing YouTube Channel will also be "chalk-full" of behind-the-scenes videos, including cast video diaries, bloopers, Q&A's and gymnastics tips! I think it is super family friendly and highly enjoyable. Prep & Landing Movie review by Emily Ashby, Common Sense Media Common Sense says age 5+ Clever holiday story is merry fun for the whole family. If so, you probably won't be surprised to hear that movie, TV, and video game ratings today aren't the same as when we were kids. The fake/forced drama was the last straw, I couldn't watch more than one episode. Common Sense is the nation's leading nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of all kids and families by providing the trustworthy information, education, and independent voice they need to thrive in the 21st century. Never had a favorite Christmas special until I saw Prep and Landing. Parents may find material unsuitable for younger children. Directed by Nicholas D. Johnson & Will Merrick. I'm also a sucker for any gymnastics show or movie. Watch My Perfect Landing | Netflix With a little encouragement from her new best friends, and some secret training with her Grandpa a former competitive gymnast himself Jenny decides to follow her dreams and live up to the legacy of her mother and grandfather. Chemotherapy requires Carley to hang up her skates, yet her resolve to return to the sport never falters. As the central foes in The Low Tone Club, Director Kramer (Julian Arango) is a pitch-perfect buffoon and Professor Molina (portrayed by beloved Colombian pop star Carlos Vives) is a soft-spoken leader with a quirky musicality that transcends language barriers.Pre-teen viewers will quickly be drawn in by the . Directed by Jon Erwin & Brent McCorkle. Nothing is better than you listening to and watching media with your kids. The acting is exactly what you would expect; dramatic and tense, but at the same time it hooks you. Why is Kiss and Cry rated Not Rated? Common Sense is the nation's leading nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of all kids and families by providing the trustworthy information, education, and independent voice they need to thrive in the 21st century. Dr. Cross is also a co-author of the AAP technical report, Everything changes for talented young gymnast Jenny Cortez when she moves with her family from Miami to Toronto to open a new gymnastics club. How could you apply this idea to your life? [Running Time: 1:54] , After retiring from boxing, Adonis Creed (Michael B. Jordan) runs a successful gym training up-and-coming fighters. It will also help you find age-appropriate content for your child. Based on your answer to this question, you'll be presented with additional questions related to the category you selected. Common Sense and other associated names and logos are trademarks of Common Sense Media, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization (FEIN: 41-2024986). Since our system is based on objective standards, not the viewers age or the artistic merits of a film, we enable adults to determine whether a movie is appropriate for their own children |more|, Although our site is very popular, the current economic climate has reduced our revenues just when we need extra security to prevent attacks from hackers who dont like what we do. Powerful Stories About Martin Luther King Jr. Also with Jessica Lange, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Colm Meaney, Daniela Melchior, Alan Cumming, Danny Huston, Sena Kerslake, Franois Arnaud, Ian Hart and Darrell DSilva. suggesting a diversity update. Common Sense Media: Age-Based Media Reviews for Families What is originally thought to be asthma turns out to be something far worse. Some blood and medical procedures are shown. It's inclusive, fun and full of positive role models. Below, find the previous Microsoft Store age ratings breakdown: Age ratings are currently not supported for add-ons. With exuberant Lanny's help, Wayne must rediscover the holiday spirit to save Christmas for a special little boy. They view each film for potentially offensive content, such as violence, sex, drug use and language. Phasmophobia (Video Game 2020) - Parents Guide - IMDb Companies such as streaming services don't currently have to use parental guidance ratings at all. When a player is slashed or blown up, pieces and body parts will fly across the ground, letting blood rain down on the landscape. More info about Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, International Age Ratings Coalition (IARC). Directed by Brandon Cronenberg. what if my dog barks at him? Several lines of dialogue are signed in American Sign Language and several lines are spoken in Spanish with English subtitles. Become a member of our premium site for just $1/month & access advance reviews, without any ads, not a single one, ever. May contain more cartoon, fantasy or mild violence, mild language and/or minimal suggestive themes. For more information about the series and its characters, fans can follow My Perfect Landing on social media: facebook.com/myperfectlandingtv. WildBrain Television is home to world-renowned series including America Ninja Warrior Jr., Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir, Just Add Magic andChip and Potato. 2020 7+ My Perfect Landing follows Jenny Cortez, a talented young gymnast, who moves to a new city when her family gets the opportunity to run their own gymnastics club. Content suitable only for adults ages 18 and up. Also with Aubrey Plaza, Cary Elwes, Hugh Grant, Josh Hartnett, Bugzy Malone, Eddie Marsan, Peter Ferdinando, Nicholas Facey and Lourdes Faberes. [Running Time: 2:05] , Set in 1939, a private detective (Liam Neeson) is hired by a wealthy woman (Diane Kruger) to find her lover and the trail leads him to betrayal and murder. My Perfect Landing - Cast, Ages, Trivia | Famous Birthdays That way, you can preview it before you sit down with them to watch it. How has she scored in her fight? The treatments cause her to vomit (which is depicted) and lose her hair. Directed by Aline Brosh McKenna. Do TV shows and/or commercials make you want certain items? Directed by Oliver Hermanus. How Do I Protect My Young Child from Cyberbullying? We value your opinion. We know that children are influenced by what they see and hear, especially at very young ages. Instagram: @myperfectlandingtv and Twitter: @_perfectlanding. Even movies with the same rating released in the same year can differ widely in the amount and type of potentially offensive content. This product uses the TMDb API but is not endorsed or certified by TMDb. Starring: Morgan Wigle, Tom Hulshof, Helena Marie. How does Carley deal with her setbacks? You can help us keep our independence with a donation. This sugarplum of a tale will delight any kids who've fretted over the contingencies of Santa's visit -- how does Santa land safely on my roof? You love it and youd like to thank us with a donation? A tracheotomy procedure is depicted and in a later scene her family attempts to replace the dressing and tube (her throat incision is shown), but ensuring difficulties leave Carley struggling to breathe. Under 17 Requires Accompanying Parent or Adult Guardian. Directed by Kenya Barris. Motivate kids of all ages with these female-centered podcasts. Creator Frank van Keeken Stars Morgan Wigle Tom Hulshof Helena Marie See production, box office & company info Watch on Netflix S1 with subscription Add to Watchlist 6 User reviews Episodes 15 Top-rated They can also contain drug or tobacco use and criminal activities, and more profanity than would be allowed in a 12+ app, within the limits laid out in the Store Policies.