Rumor has it that he killed like 30 people. Three years ago, a Denver bellhop ventured into Arizonas Superstition Mountains determined to find the Lost Dutchmans Mine, an elusive, vast gold reserve that has lured prospectors since the 19th century. We do only what is permitted which includes not mining for gold. Kidd was born in Ogdensburg, New York, on July 18, 1879. The book will not come out until we are through, with our research. Good Luck I hope you find out about your health, that is the most important thing.Thanks for your post. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. Armed with a new clue that could unearth the location of the famed Lost Dutchman Mine, lifelong Dutch Hunter Wayne Tuttle, leads a team into Arizona's Superstition Mountains in search of America's deadliest treasure. all the monuments weavers needle, bullpass, dagger, horse head, are five miles in size. And people have been hunting for the mine since 1892. 11. At that time, we will need permission to retest the Dutchmans gold, but this is not as easy as you might think. Give this lots of thought before you open your mouth about where the mine is at. So we kind of know what he was thinking and doing there, Cooper said. Stories of hidden gold and treasure dot the landscape of the U.S. like it's part of our national identity. The Peralta Stones and their importance will be one of the biggest shockers. I've found mines that have been worked out and found ore samples that still hold traces of gold in them," Tuttle said. Will I regret the day I can't get back in there? Jeff. . Philo Sign in. Reality-TV A group of modern day treasure hunters search for the Lost Dutchman mine in the Superstition mountain range of Arizona. We know where there are several samples of the actual rich ore from the candlebox under Waltz Death Bed at Julia Thomas Place..and Julia was not at his side when he died. You can see it from the cave, along with the mine. I would only reveal it to someone I could trust and right now that is no one. Some I am glad you said two different samples. Jeff. Wayne has been hunting for the Lost Dutchman Gold Mine for over 40 years. I am usually not an emotional person. Jesse Capen, 35, had made finding the hidden treasure an obsession fueled by more than 100 books and maps on the legendary and perhaps nonexistent mine named for German immigrant Jacob "The Dutchman" Waltz. The gold belongs to the indians,rightfully they been protecting it for ever.Jacob Waltz must of been a very nice man,with a pure heart, walking the right road for the indians to let him take what gold he needed.most men would try to get all the gold,and probally would not live long after that, All of you have enjoyed the romance of the search, but a Mining Engineer has found ithes giving a presentation on the Feb. 24th 2020 at a Mining Engineers Convention in Phoenix, AZ.. He was just too excited about the possibility of a quick discovery. Eventually a decision of October 20, 1967, awarded the Kidd funds to the Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix, Arizona. Your email address will not be published. Jesse's skeleton was found 60 miles east of Phoenix on 4,892-foot Tortilla Mountain. He worked [the] graveyard [shift] and he mostly keep to himself, hotel employee Terry Reyes told FoxNews.com. The enigma of the LDGM is that it has been a puzzle with many pieces that, up until now, no one has been able to solve. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. Stars Keenan Johnston Mark Dodson Frank Augustine See production, box office & company info Watch on History S1 Go to history.com More watch options Add to Watchlist 27 User reviews Episodes 6 Top-rated You may be close to the mine as many floks hike right past it. They allegedly hid one or more caches of gold in the Superstition Mountains. It took many turns to throw off people that might try to follow him to his mine. Like Us On Facebook | Follow Us On Twitter | Contact The Author. Waltz, who died without revealing the mines location, reportedly shot people who followed him as he returned to it for more gold. Secrets of the Lost Map: With Frank Augustine, Eric Deleel, Mark Dodson, John H. Euber. Yes! Explorers traveled to the New World in search of gold, jewels, the fountain of youth, and much more, and it seems as though - along with the plague and theft of native lands - treasure hunting it in our blood. Where is your book? By 1895, stories about the mine abounded, so much that they hit the San Francisco Chronicle newspaper, leading a man named Adolph Ruth to his death. "The St. Johns herald. * The cave Waltz and his partner most likely stayed in is above the mine and to the side. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. The lost Breyfogle mine, also one of the most famous lost mines of all, was found and is today known as the Amargosa mine in CA. They were friendly, and he gave her hints about the mine's location. On our next trip our goal is to reach one area we have not, as yet been able to penetrate.. There are many who believe that after a 135+ years that if it exists, it would have been found by now and that the LDGM is nothing more than a fairy tale or that it already has been found and is near the old Goldfield mine. Meanwhile two Canadians, claiming to be blood brothers of Kidd, contested the will. Part historical documentary, part reality show, it follows veteran treasure hunter Wayne Tuttle as he continues his 40-year search for the Lost Dutchman mine, according to the release. But our tale will be told honestly, and if we are wrong, that will be shared completely, it would be part of the story. Boy I had to sit here for a while let me just say I think you will be surprised, Promise me when the books comes out that you send it to me, I would like to write something personal in there for you, what you wrote here to me truly makes it special I want to make sure the guys see what you wrote. That is when Dick Holmes got the ore from the candlebox. He also said he hid his tools there when he left. Let me guess Copper/Gold "I'm a little slower now and wish I had the legs I had 20 years ago. You will have a different outlook after doing your homework. For sure I will show that reading so there is no skepticism. I have researched many aspects of the story in archives, others in the mountains, and some around campfires after a few shots of Tequila or Fireball (you know who you are)! Ongoing discoveries of the Lost Dutchman Mine have continued for well over a hundred years. We just need to see the raw ore to be real believers , I started hunting in the Sups back in the late 1970s with some of the locals!! At the age of 13, Trevor Tuttle sat at a campfire at the base of the Superstition Mountains, listening intently to the lore of the Lost Dutchman Mine's legendary, cache of gold. The rich will merely bribe the government and the entire superstition mountains will be ruined. I will also inform you about what Jacob Waltz stated No Miner will ever find my Mine. In fact, none of clues match the Goldfield location. Bryan. She speculates that he slipped off a ledge and tumbled to his death. If that passes, then we can XRF Test it. After our second expedition in the spring of 2016, the pieces of the puzzle was starting to come together, we were matching clues to the land site. i found everything, and i got millionaires involved. Nevertheless, it is there. I had to give up reading the replies because they change with every different question to answer. Yes! The Latin Heart or The Heart of Jesus is what was carved on the Stone Maps. I have located the North Trending Canyon, a canyon in itself that has numerous carved walls, the Witch Priest being one of those as well as the Latin Heart laid out in the canyon floor. The Curse on the Canyon is real but wasnt made by Jacob Waltz. Every time I'm in specific areas, I wonder if I've walked over that spot.". We will have to correct that. The first test for authentic LDM Ore. Hopefully after our fifth trip we will be at liberty to share more of the connected clues that we have. Gold makes people do crazy stuff, like shooting at people ect. Armed with a new clue that could unearth the location of the famed Lost Dutchman Mine, lifelong Dutch Hunter Wayne Tuttle, leads a team into Arizona's Superstition Mountains in search of America . Do I think we have the LDM,,I do. What they discover may have finally put Wayne on the right path to solving this 150 year old mystery. There is a spring and an old trail. We had the correct location, we had the mine site, and if the legend was correct there had to be a stone house at the head of the north trending canyon. THERE ARE IN FACT FORTUITOUS CIRCUMSTANCES, of the natural kind, that have assisted Mother Nature in keeping some of the most important clues from being matched to any boots on the ground. Both were seeking the mythical Lost Jesuit treasure and it created a contentious situation between the two camps. I expected some things would fit but that a lot would be misinformation from all the years of hash and rehash. They were all but toast and went on to pull -off a huge upset. Part of HuffPost News. Its best for hikers and businesses that the mine not be disturbed and be left well enough alone. The Pioneer & Military Memorial Park is listed in the National Register of Historic Places, Weaver's Needle, photo by Nicholas Tortajada, Salt River AZ. After 3 months of new research, I located the Jacob Waltzs trail, where it started and where it ended. For 10 years, Jesse Capen, 35, a graveyard-shift bellhop at the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, had studied myriad theories about the location of the Lost Dutchman gold mine, sought by treasure seekers since the 1870s. Check your local listings. New clues could reveal the location of the Lost Dutchman Mine; Wayne Tuttle is on the hunt for a deadly treasure in the Superstition Mountains. 7. Im thinking that maybe you guys are out there now? 3. The boots and clothing matched as well. It was loosely named Lost Deutschman or Lost German Mine, and to this day, anyone who researches or tries to find the gold are generally referred to as Dutch hunters. New clues could reveal the location of the Lost Dutchman Mine; Wayne Tuttle is on the hunt for a deadly treasure in the Superstition Mountains. In late November 2009, Capen drove to Arizona to begin his search. Anyways everyone be safe and treat other hunters with respect and thanks for sharing all your experiences and knowledge and great stories. Our guys have been training this summer with skilled climbers, two of which will accompany us on our next trip. A copy of Estee Conasters The Sterling Legend: The Facts Behind the Lost Dutchman Mine billed as the definitive work on the lost mine was found in his tent. And in the Superstition Mountains outside Phoenix Arizona, rockhounds and treasure hunters have been searching for the Lost Dutchman Mine since 1892. Required fields are marked *, Hohokam and the Aztec culture that predates Montezumas era in central Mexico, Welcome to the Lost MineProperty of Jacob Waltz. I believe other people who most likely were there said 200 feet or 200 yards? Yes! Meet Wayne Tuttle. (Courtesy: Robert Cooper), On Saturday, years after Capens Jeep, wallet, backpack and cellphone were found in his tent by hikers, volunteers from the Superstition Search and Rescue finally located what they believe is Capens body. Waltz said there is trick to his trail and no miner will ever find his mine. Waltz said that at the head of a north-trending canyon you will find the ruins of an ancient Spanish house that sits hidden on a ledge, and that the climb up to it is so steep that you will not see it until you scale up onto the ledge that it sits on, as its stone walls lay before you.
Huski Chocolate Annual Revenue, Articles D