I have many great childhood memories of watching the Jets with my dad. February 28, 2021 May you find comfort in the promise that soon death will be no more and never again will we have to bury our love ones again. Sauer, a wide receiver on the Jets' only Super Bowl championship team, has died. The Dignity Memorial brand name is used to identify a network of licensed funeral, cremation and cemetery providers that include affiliates of Service Corporation International, 1929 Allen Parkway, Houston, Texas. George Sauer - Arnoldsburg, West Virginia , Stump Funeral Home and I never met George, but we talked several times on the phone. Football is a brutal game that demands a gruesome price from the players. A private service will be held. I was a Junior in high school in 1966, loved the Jets,played tight end and wore #83. George Sauer Obituary (2007) - Cleveland, OH - The Plain Dealer George, you were so special to my family- Dr Cal Nicholas my dad was team Dr. and George spent many days at our home, playing tennis, guitar and being with my brothers and me with memories we will cherish forever. Sorry to hear of his passing. Now I understand why, I hadnt found him. Russ was honored as Volunteer of the Year in 2007 and was recently honored by Sheriff Scott as an "Honorary Deputy." My heart goes out to all of his loved ones. He was obviously a tremendous player." He was 69. We'll help you find the right words to comfort your family member or loved one during this difficult time. Please accept my sincere heart felt condolences for your lost. Receive a notification when services are updated. George August Sauer George August "Sonny" Sauer, Sr., 83, of Orma, WV, passed away on Sunday, February 28, 2021, at his home. There is no photo or video of George Sauer.Be the first to share a memory to pay tribute. I was 11 when he helped the Jets win that big game (my mother bought me a Jets 3-ring binder right after that!). Authorize the publication of the original written obituary with the accompanying photo. I was a student manager for four years and was the head manager of the national championship team. www.hopehospice.org/donate/. George Sauer Obituary (2013) - Waco, TX - Syracuse Post Standard To plant trees in memory, please visit the. Gallery. I couldn't have asked for a better roommate. Lived down the street from me in Bay Shore, NY. We were sitting at a table calling each other Father so and So, when George suddenly stood up and announced to the stunned late night customers that he would like to give a blessing to all the customers. Not the fastest player, but cerebral, precise, and reliable. What kind of arrangement is appropriate, where should you send it, and when should you send an alternative? Russ was born July 14, 1929 in New York City and grew up in Manhattan. One night we were stupidly playing like we were men of the cloth. . Russ then founded and was CEO of Prime Insurance specializing in high-risk insurance. Upon graduation he went to work at the National Security Agency where he learned to program computers. Submit an Obituary . - At Russ' request no services will be held. Add a Memory. Moreland Funeral Home | George Sauer, Jr. Joe Namath was especially gracious - he kissed my Mother on the cheek and posed for snapshots. I had a little league teammate named George Sauer, I felt a special connection to George Sauer Jr. and his amazing catches. It's surprising how much a musical selection can affect mourning. He never got the recognition that he so deserved. George Edward Sauer was born on June 6th 1934 in Washington,DC, the first child of Nellie Evelyn Fouche and Herman Adolph Sauer. The Jets have never had anyone like them since. George Edward Sauer was born on June 6th 1934 in Washington,DC, the first child of Nellie Evelyn Fouche and Herman Adolph Sauer. George Sauer Sr. was my coach at the U S Naval Academy in 1948. It was alot of fun to watch him play. He was a great football player. You live forever in our hearts. My husband is good with details of pro football teams. During this time he was active in the Kiwanis with perfect attendance most years. Sauer, a wide receiver on the Jets' only Super Bowl championship team, has died. It may take up to 1 hour for your comment to appear on the website, G. Russell Sauer They both connected to having met before. I still remember 'Little Georgie'. The trips included fighting peacock bass in the Amazon and reeling in big blue marlin in Central America. Russ' first visit to Baja, Mexico and fishing in the Sea of Cortez was in 1962. You were one cool dude, and the way you sprinted to receive all those passes. It was in his eyes..when I settled him in bed I always hugged him and kissed his forehead and I am so glad that I did. When he became bored with our lack of competition, he'd suddenly announced, "Okay, everybody out. Grief researchers say holding that missing funeral service, even a year or more later, can still help us heal. 2021 Moreland Funeral Home. Leave a sympathy message to the family on the memorial page of George Sauer Sr. to pay them a last tribute. Russ graduated high school from Collegiate School in NYC. Namath, Maynard and Sauer were always a threat to score on any play and put pass defenses back on their heels. He was such a special person, so warm and friendly, accepting of everyone, and extremely intelligent. Russ was honored as Volunteer of the Year in 2007 and was recently honored by Sheriff Scott as an "Honorary Deputy." (Rev.12:3,4), May God's gentle peace fill your heart and comfort your soul today and, My heart goes out to the family for your loss. George Sauer Jr. - Wikipedia GEORGE SAUER OBITUARY Sauer George H. Sauer Jr, 69, formerly of Waco, TX, passed away May 7, 2013 at Manor Care Health facility in Westerville, OH, following a lengthy battle with Alzheimer's. He was elected seven times At-Large to the Republican Central Committee, leading the ticket in 1990 and 1998. Grief Support. George Sauer; Former Official Of Jets Was 83 - The New York Times he was a great player, person, and coach. Receive obituaries from the city or cities of your choice. He was the son of Rose and Alfred Sauer Sr. In lieu of any cards or flowers, please make a donation to Hope Hospice in Fort Myers, Fl. I spent a lot of afternoons at Shea Stadium watching the Jets play. Russ graduated high school from Collegiate School in NYC. time has passed so fast seems like yesterday that my father brother and i were watching super bowl 3 thank you mr sauer for that special day i know life is more then football and so did you,rest in peace hope to see you on the other side. When I read the paper today and saw Georges passing, I was so surprised to know he (and you) were here in Westerville. Sign the . Alzheimer's is a cruel disease. And he was very handsome too. Manor Lane when he played for the Jets. They're not a map to follow, but simply a description of what people commonly feel. I'm sorry I lost track of him several years ago and am so sorry to learn of his illness. He coached me and my cousin in Charlotte, NC during semi pro days. George Sauer Obituary (2008) - San Jose, CA - Mercury News - Legacy.com May the man find the greatest and lasting peace he sought at home with our Lord. He attended East Silver Spring Elementary, Silver Spring Intermediate, and Montgomery Blair High Schools. Food has always been a go-to for people in mourning. OBITUARY George Russell Sauer 4 July, 1929 - 4 November, 2015 IN THE CARE OF Hodges-Kiser Funeral Home G. Russell Sauer November 4 2015 G. Russell Sauer or "Russ" to all who knew him, passed away on Wednesday November 4, 2015 at the age of 86. George Sauer Sr. Obituary It is with great sadness that we announce the death of George Sauer Sr. of Orma, West Virginia, who passed away on February 28, 2021, at the age of 83, leaving to mourn family and friends. he was a legend to me, and i was stunned by his regular guy persona. Dana, I'm sure you don't remembr me (it's only been 50 years!!) You have funeral questions, we have answers. His 39-yard catch to the Colts 10-yard line late in the third quarter set up the Jets' final field goal early in the fourth that gave New York a 16-0 lead. Dana, I remember Georgie so well because he spent a lot of time at our house on MacAethur Drive. In lieu of any cards or flowers, please make a donation to Hope Hospice in Fort Myers, Fl. George Henry Sauer Jr. (November 10, 1943 - May 7, 2013) was an American football wide receiver who played six seasons for the American Football League 's New York Jets, and later played in the World Football League. In the 21st century, it's not just urns and gravestones anymore. He was predeceased by : his parents, Fredrick August Sauer, Sr. and Anita Elizabeth Sauer. he will be missed. He was a groomsman in my wedding. Freedom Hebrew Congregational Cemetery South Road. We have always considered him a friend as well as a co-worker on the Newcomb properties. I'm sure he just hated that - bless you, Dana, and RIP George. His smile lit up a room. Russ' father Colonel Paul Kurt Sauer was a surgeon and a highly decorated Colonel in WWII. There is no photo or video of George Sauer Sr..Be the first to share a memory to pay tribute. As a Sigma Chi Fraternity brother of George in the early sixties at UT, I remember his calmness, courtesy, friendship and intelligence. Sign the Guest Book. A part of my childhood died with himGod Bless you, George.and thanks for so many wonderful Sunday afternoons at Shea Stadium..You were a true Jet. He was always there to help me with my plumbing problems and great conversation. Lyna (Sauer) Norris. I can still hear his voice when he phoned Jim. you are remembered from your days at waco high. It is with deep sorrow that we announce the death of George Sauer of Denville, New Jersey, who passed away on September 23, 2021, leaving to mourn family and friends. I admire him for taking a stand on player treatment and walking away in his prime. Russ' father Colonel Paul Kurt Sauer was a surgeon and a highly decorated Colonel in WWII. Hope you are well. Copyright 2023 Echovita Inc. All rights reserved. FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) George Sauer had a huge day in the biggest game in New York Jets history, and then surprisingly walked away from football a few years later. Unless you are experienced as an estate executor, you probably should hire an attorney. Once you find the obituary you are looking for, you can get important information about upcoming services, share a favorite photo or memory, and send flowers or gifts to the family. George's family is honoring a long-standing request not to have calling hours or a service. So very sorry to hear of his passing. We will miss him so very much! He left the University of Texas after being drafted by the New York Jets. Rest in peace 'Sandy' you will be missed by many many people. May your family feel the loving arms of our Heavenly Father with you at this time. My twin brother and I were discussing our elementary school teachers today. This site is provided as a service of SCI Shared Resources, LLC. Russ is survived by his longtime partner Barbara Murphy, his 3 sons and their spouses: Steve and Glenda Sauer of Carlsbad, NM, Jim and Eileen Sauer of Austin, TX, and Tom and Janine Sauer of San Antonio, TX, 5 grandchildren: Jeff Sauer and wife Sharon, Hannah Sauer, Colleen Pate and husband Brad, Kevin Sauer, and Kaitlin Sauer, and 3 great-grandchildren: Hudson, Ella and Glenda. He was a favorite of we Bills fans with his style and grace. Russ went on to a distinguished career in the Insurance business with Allstate Insurance in Albuquerque, NM before becoming President of the Wilson Agency in Chicago, IL. Farewell to a better place! Ways to honor George Sauer's life and legacy. Let others know about your loved one's death. Send simple, comforting meals with Home Chef. Information and advice to help you cope with the death of someone important to you. Thank you for sharing a part of your life with us. Smart, athletic and I had the honor of connecting with him and seeing him play. George ALWAYS won. He was chosen to four all-star teams and was a two-time All-Pro. Alfred George Sauer Jr. August 6, 1945 - April 9, 2022 IN THE CARE OF Mead Mortuary Alfred "Butch" George Sauer Jr., 76, passed away on April 9, 2022, at his home in Barstow, CA. G. Russell Sauer November 4 2015 G. Russell Sauer or "Russ" to all who knew him, passed away on Wednesday November 4, 2015 at the age of 86. Some of Mr. Sauer's concerns about professional football were prophetic, and I hope his death may bring his insights to a new and more receptive audience. GEORGE SAUER OBITUARY. The family moved to Silver Spring, Maryland in 1939. He attended Colorado College graduating in 1951 with a bachelor's degree in Business and Banking. "Russ retired to Ft Myers, Florida in 2001. for George H. Sauer. Sauer briefly returned to football in 1974 with the New York Stars and Charlotte Hornets of the World Football League before retiring from playing for good. The importance of saying "I love you" during COVID-19, Effective ways of dealing with the grieving process, Solutions to show your sympathy safely during the Covid-19 pandemic, Mt. Your entry has exceeded the maximum character limit. I was also an art student and my conflicted feelings about violence in sport were confirmed by George's decision. George attended Waco City Schools and the University of Texas. Me and my older sister were huge, huge George Sauer fans when he played for the Jets, We thought he was the most handsomest player, and so good at teamwork as well. What a shock to hear such sad news. Our children live here in Worthington and Pete is now here as well living in a nursing home just north of Worthington. I hope we get to meet again when my time comes. He leaves behind his sister -n-law, Marigold Sauer, nieces, Sharon Sauer-Miscin (Sonny), Sheila Sauer-Lauterbach (John), and Shelba Uhrin (David). Unless you are experienced as an estate executor, you probably should hire an attorney. My heart go out to Mr George Sauer family,may God bless you in this time of deep sorrow. Dana, FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) George Sauer had a huge day in the biggest game in New York Jets history, and then surprisingly walked away from football a few years later. Russ owned numerous yachts on Lake Michigan and explored every port on the lake. Godspeed on your journey. For some people, the best send-off is one that they would have loved to attendthemselves: a big party. He was loved and cherished by many people including : his father Israel; his daughter-in-law Shiree; his girlfriend Alice Mikulak of Denville; his son Andrew Sauer (Shiree) of Jacksonville; his former wife Esther Sauer; and his grandchildren, Talia Sauer and Ariel Sauer. Some basic help and starters when you have to write a tribute to someone you love. www.hopehospice.org/donate/. RIP. I thought of him several years ago when I read about schoolboy slugger Bryce Harper and how his father had pitched increasingly smaller objects to him to hone his hand-eye coordination. George Sauer Obituary - Fort Myers, FL - Dignity Memorial Upon finishing his enlistment in the Navy he joined the IBM Space Center and Project Mercury. George Sauer Obituary (2013) Post and Courier Charleston We were happy to hear him play piano todefinitely another talent. Russ' motto was "if we can't insure it nobody can. George was one of our most well-known classmates at Waco High School. This site is provided as a service of SCI Shared Resources, LLC. He was a big kid at heart.always asking "come on, one more game Matt" I miss ya George.RIP. Sauer had at least 1,000 yards receiving for three straight years from 1966-68, with his best season coming in 1967 when he led the AFL with 75 catches for 1,189 yards and six touchdowns. I remember this guy from the Broadway Joe NY Jets. As a wide receiver, George was an integral part of the 1969 Jets Super Bowl III victory over the Baltimore Colts. George August Sauer Obituary With over 1,900 locations, Dignity Memorial providers proudly serve over 375,000 families a year. 2023 SCI SHARED RESOURCES, LLC. He and that Jets team are a wonderful memory from my teen years. George Sauer Obituary (2013) - Waco, TX - The Columbian I attended North Junior and Waco High with George. You were a National Champ, a World Champ, and a champion off the field. George Sauer Obituary (2013) - Waco, TX - The Wellsboro Gazette CANDLE HAS BEEN LIT CANDLES HAVE BEEN LIT, We are reviewing your submission. He was one of the influences on my son who played HS, College and Semi Pro football. Arrangements by the MORELAND FUNERAL HOME, Westerville, Ohio. We send our sympathy on the passing of your dear brothera very nice man that we are glad to have met. Current Jets coach Rex Ryan was 6 years old when his father Buddy became an assistant with the team in 1968, and remembers watching Sauer. George is survived by his sister, Dana Keifer of Westerville, OH; two nephews, Jeff (Laurie) Keifer and Greg (Laurie) Keifer and their families all of Westerville, OH; aunt, Joyce Harnett of El Solyo, CA; uncle Robert (Lee) Werner of Ft. Mill, South Carolina and numerous cousins. He is also survived by nine grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren. My deepest sympathy goes out to the Sauer family. R.I.P #83. May God heal your hearts with words of comfort. George's family is honoring a long-standing request not to have calling hours or a service. They're not a map to follow, but simply a description of what people commonly feel. Write your message of sympathy today. Russ was born July 14, 1929 in New York City and grew up in Manhattan. God bless. Post and Courier Charleston. Write your message of sympathy today. I just learned about his death. George. Ways to honor George Sauer's life and legacy. He was assigned to the Bermuda Station for two years. Russ is survived by his longtime partner Barbara Murphy, his 3 sons and their spouses: Steve and Glenda Sauer of Carlsbad, NM, Jim and Eileen Sauer of Austin, TX, and Tom and Janine Sauer of San Antonio, TX, 5 grandchildren: Jeff Sauer and wife Sharon, Hannah Sauer, Colleen Pate and husband Brad, Kevin Sauer, and Kaitlin Sauer, and 3 great-grandchildren: Hudson, Ella and Glenda. His 309 career receptions rank him ninth in franchise history, while his for 4,965 yards receiving are sixth on the team's list. FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) George Sauer had a huge day in the biggest game in New York Jets history, and then surprisingly walked away from football a few years later. My sincere condolences to the family. As a boy growing up in a blue collar "NY Giants" town, I idolized the late 60's - early 70's NY Jets. George. When we finally realized Georges story, I asked him how he got to Westerville, He told me my sister lives here. I then told him that is how Gene got here from Cincinnat that I was his sister living in Westerville. In the 21st century, it's not just urns and gravestones anymore. Information and advice to help you cope with the death of someone important to you. It's surprising how much a musical selection can affect mourning. Sandy took an early departure. Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. With over 1,900 locations, Dignity Memorial providers proudly serve over 400,000 families a year. The Dignity Memorial brand name is used to identify a network of licensed funeral, cremation and cemetery providers that include affiliates of Service Corporation International, 1929 Allen Parkway, Houston, Texas. Send Flowers. He was a diesel mechanic for over 60 years. George Sauer Obituary (1933 - 2021) - Legacy Remembers Two college jobs Russ always talked about were how much he enjoyed driving a Pikes Peak tour bus and tending bar. Syracuse Post Standard. Receive obituaries from the city or cities of your choice. FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) George Sauer had a huge day in the biggest game in New York Jets history, and then surprisingly walked away from football a few years later. Sometimes overshadowed by fellow wide receiver Don Maynard, a Hall of Famer, Sauer had an extremely productive career. GEORGE H. SAUER, 83, passed away Dec. 23, 2007. - Turbotville in. I am living with my wife and cat in Florida. He was preceded in death by his parents, George, Sr. and Lillian Sauer. Thank you, KPM. Authorize the publication of the original written obituary with the accompanying photo. He was always the best, no matter what. November 4 2015 Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Russ was always planning his next high adventure fishing trip and would say, "Are you ready for another knock your socks off trip." Prepare a personalized obituary for someone you loved.. November 27, 1937 - Prayers to your family. Thank you George for special memories, That fantastic superbowl win was my favorite football game of all time. George H. Sauer, Jr., 69, formerly of Waco, Texas, passed away May 7, 2013 at Manor Care Health facility in Westerville, Ohio, following a lengthy battle with Alzheimer's Disease.
What Happened To Vadim Maslov, Articles G